BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking for used OEM M-Parallels but have come up with nothing so far. Buying new ones would cost almost the same as a set of 19" BBS CHs. Tire Rack is giving me the option of putting 19x10 in the back. I have M5 liners back there but I don't have my fenders rolled, is there going to be any rubbing? It's a 530i sport.

Also can someone show me the thread where somebody just got the CHs installed on their E39? I've searched but I can't find the thread. :(

TIA!

·
in HIS hands :)
1,730 Posts
ride,

i'm going to **go on a limb** and say that in GENERAL, stuff from bbs with the proper offsets shld be fine. in fact they're normally on the conservative side...even the 19x10 ch.

anyone jump in and correct my ignorance!

jack

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johnnie Watkins said:
be safe and go 19X9
I would be happy to go 19x9 but the offset is wrong for the E39. :(

The only one that fits without using a spacer is 19x8.5 or 19x10. :cry:

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1Red540 said:
haha i have 18x10 m par replicas im dropped and i dont rub just get rubber bands youll be fine ie 275 25-19 thats sexy!
Really? Is that what you're running? :yikes:

Nice car BTW. I would love to have a red E39.

·
ZOMGHI2U
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What the hell... two people with red E39s :thumbup:

I don't think I've ever seen a red E39 in LA.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm runnin BBS-RGR 18x10s in the rear...I've got a little rub when I go over bumps. I had BMW check it out and they say the 10's rub a bit on the inside of the well...not much to cause concern - according to the dealer/service tech. the "fatness" does look really nice!!!

·
YOU ARE NEXT!
1,036 Posts
I am running 20x10's in the rear, I rolled the fenders... and have no problems at all. I am tucked in the rear. 10's have that nice agressive look to it.

·
Banned
145 Posts
RiDE said:
I've been looking for used OEM M-Parallels but have come up with nothing so far. Buying new ones would cost almost the same as a set of 19" BBS CHs.
TIA!
The last I checked, 19" BBS CHs will cost you A LOT more than OEM 18" M Parallels. I'd be suprised if you could find BBS CHs under $2K.

Do you have a special source for BBS rims? If so, I'd love to know :)

BTW, here is link to an old thread that shows an E39 with BBS CH wheels: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58880

1 - 17 of 17 Posts