BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a nice set of BBS style 42 rims and would love to put these on my E83 x3. The wheels are 17x8 and my car is dead stock. Will these wheels fit? Also curious if anyone else has put a 3 series style wheel on their x3.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
*The offset of my stock car is 45mm, and the offset of these wheels is 20mm. Could these fit and work functionally alone or will I need to get some spacers?

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Fender clearance is not the issue, especially as the X3 has relatively quite a bit of room to spare in the wheel well.

The issue is that the wheels will be sitting out 1" more than the suspension and steering was designed for.

Some owners have done this, and will claim it drives just the same - and besides they prefer the look of the wheels closer to the fender edges.

If you bought the X3 to enjoy the driving feel, stay close to the designed offset. If you bought it for other reasons, then go with the BBS wheels.

As already pointed out, spacers are used to decrease a +ve offset so are the exact opposite of what is needed here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts