BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
Salvator said:
:tsk: I see no reason to want to do that... :dunno: It's not like Z3s are particularly rare...
:stupid: I actually think the Miata looks better than the Z3.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
The Whole Concept...

Is soooo wrong.:cry:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
:rofl: :rofl:

That's so wrong.
Heheh, yeah, but you know what I think the kit shows some promise. If they didn't make the front bumper overhang so much, it might actually look pretty cool.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Though I don't think the Miata looks *better* than the Z3, I think it looks very good in its own right... and I see no sense in turning a Miata intoa Z3. Now the Vanquish kit... that's interesting. Dunno if I'd wanna do it, but it looks pretty cool. Especially if you did a V8 mod to it as well!!! :D That would be wicked fast.

·
Registered
650 Posts
So people are turning the Z3 into the modern age Fiero kit car. Sickening!: puke:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I've seen 3 or 4 Miata's turned into Z3's... but as has been already mentioned, I don't understand why? I mean... a Ferrari 308 was, and still is significantly more expensive than a Fiero, but Miata's and Z3's are comperable... I'd imagine by the time you finished modding your Miata inot a Z3 it wouldn't cost much less than buying a real Z3.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
and since the hood, fenders and front clip is integrated, once small bump and your handing over bills for the whole front. :eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
my disgust is so great, i have no valid comment on this matter...

miata=weedwacker on wheels

·
Casey!
17,662 Posts
Still waiting for a Escalade-to-Focus conversion kit.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
thebigbr said:
my disgust is so great, i have no valid comment on this matter...

miata=weedwacker on wheels
what's wrong w/ the miata. i'd love to have one as a 2nd car to boot around in. :thumbup: the power to weight ratio is at least better than the 323i/ci. plus it's lightweight so it's very tossible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Miata is about the most fun car I've ever driven... ever. It's also one of the most impractical... which is why I want a BMW... but if practicality weren't an issue, I'd buy a brand new Miata and be happy. :)

·
Livin' like Larry!
8,850 Posts
HW said:
what's wrong w/ the miata.
Nothing wrong with a Miata, per se... The problem I'm having is why you would want to make a Miata look like a Z3? It looks fine like a Miata, and has positive attributes you've already mentioned... Grafting a Z3 nose on it (and the related roundels :rolleyes: ) is badge-snobbery, pure and simple... I bet one could take a stock Miata and drop a race cage in it, some race tires, and slap a bunch of "sponsor" stickers on it, and get more "attention" then building a MiaZ3... :dunno:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts