BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I brought my 2007 328i to the shop today because I had a very small tear in the driver's seat leather, expecting it to be repaired under warranty. The dealer says that it's normal wear and tear and won't be replaced under warranty, but that I wont't be charged at the end of my lease (60 days from now) for it???? Ideas?

And then I had a small hesitation once in a while in the engine, no error codes or lights.
I just got an update from the dealer that the problem is a bearing ledge sensor. I'm not familiar with that part. Any insights here?

TIA

Hans

·
Bimmerdex 7.4!
11,163 Posts
All,

I brought my 2007 328i to the shop today because I had a very small tear in the driver's seat leather, expecting it to be repaired under warranty. The dealer says that it's normal wear and tear and won't be replaced under warranty, but that I wont't be charged at the end of my lease (60 days from now) for it???? Ideas?

And then I had a small hesitation once in a while in the engine, no error codes or lights.
I just got an update from the dealer that the problem is a bearing ledge sensor. I'm not familiar with that part. Any insights here?

TIA

Hans
Is this written down anywhere? Ask for confirmation.

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts
I had my car repaired for replacement of cam ledges and rings due to "manufacturing defect". My car did eventually store a code and went to limp mode several times before being properly diagnosed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the sound advice. I'm asking for a second look at this matter and if the dealer maintains that it's normal wear and tear, I'll get a written statement that I won't be charged at lease end. I guess that how this will be handled by the dealer will influence for lease end decisions in March 2010.

Hans

1 - 5 of 5 Posts