Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car completed production 10/1/02. I was told on 10/3 that I would probably be at the docks on 10/7 and on the boat 10/8. Well, it is now 10/8 and I have been told, three times as of 10/4, that I am still 155 and they don't know why I haven't gone to 160 (released to distribution). I don't know if they are holding back because of the port situation out here or what, but if anyone would like to calm my nerves, I'd be grateful. Did this happen to other people? BTW, I hope there is nothing wrong with the car or something, but I doubt that's the problem. TIA

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
NewBmwGuy said:
I don't know if they are holding back because of the port situation out here or what. TIA

Maybe so.... Is your car a West Coast car?

This port situation has really messed things up with the supply lines. Who knows, with so many boats stacked-up on the West Coast, they just may not have enough boats available to ship cars at the normal factory output?

·
Color blind photographer
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
beauport said:
BMW tracking needs to talk to FedEX or someone who knows how to do it. You might try the shipping lines and see if they have it yet.
Plug in your VIN on the site.
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/GLWebApps.AppTracking
Thanks, I checked it. Nothing. Appreciate the link. I've saved it for future use.

And yes, my car is a west coast car. I was expecting delivery in mid-November, but now I am starting to feel like I may be focked due to the port BS.

I know Bush has started to intervene, but whether he goes all the way remains to be seen.

I know that all of us wait for their cars on this board and I guess I can deal with delaying the gratification even longer, but I waited about 18 months before placing this order. With working full time and getting my JD on the side, I just couldn't swing it. It's been an excruciating wait, but one within my control. Now it's out of my control. I guess I can't worry about stuff out of my control, but it is painful.

Thanks for the info, guys!

·
First Bimmer
65 Posts
Mine went to Status 155 on 09/30 and the guy I spoke to today at BMWNA said that they release a number of cars at a time for economical reasons and if there aren't enough to release my car will basically wait for the next batch. Does this make sense to you guys?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts