BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the sequence of buttons to push so that the lights flash and horn beeps when locked and unlocked? Right now it is silent with no flash. Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
didn't know there was a sequence.... mine just locks or unlocks with a quiet chirp and marker light flash

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
If you have no alarm installed you get no beep/chirp. 3ers don't come with alarms as standard equipment and most of us don't think they're worth putting in.

You can have the dealer program the car to make the lights flash and the "clown nose" blink (making it look like you have an alarm). They usually charge for this. Something like 1/2 of labor, even though it takes them 3 minutes. If you just bought the car from a BMW dealer, you can prolly get them to do it for free if you twist their arm a little.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Not true on the beep/chrip. My 04 330i does not have an alarm installed but it does beep when I lock or unlock the doors along with the light flash. Not sure but maybe this is programmable along with the blinking clown nose?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not true on the beep/chrip. My 04 330i does not have an alarm installed but it does beep when I lock or unlock the doors along with the light flash. Not sure but maybe this is programmable along with the blinking clown nose?
i don't see how can it beep......, if you dont have an alarm then you dont have an alarm horn,
the horn usually comes with the alarm kit.

·
Registered
588 Posts
not sure but it does and I don't have an alarm horn as well. It sounds simiar to the chrip/beep that you hear on most cars these days with keyless entry.:dunno:

·
Keeping it surreal
43,299 Posts
If you don`t have/never had an alarm installed, it ain`t gonna beep or chirp, no matter what you do....the parking lights will flash, the clown nose will blink, but that`s it....

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
72 Posts
not sure but it does and I don't have an alarm horn as well. It sounds simiar to the chrip/beep that you hear on most cars these days with keyless entry.:dunno:
If you don`t have/never had an alarm installed, it ain`t gonna beep or chirp, no matter what you do....the parking lights will flash, the clown nose will blink, but that`s it.... Regards, Bob
this is quite a conundrum...

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you don`t have/never had an alarm installed, it ain`t gonna beep or chirp, no matter what you do....the parking lights will flash, the clown nose will blink, but that`s it....

Regards,
Bob
Would you like me to record a sound clip for you?

·
Keeping it surreal
43,299 Posts

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts

Regards,
Bob
Fast Bob is correct.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Fast Bob is correct.
Ok guys, it's time to fall on my sword :bow:

Just took off the sensor cover and low and behold there is the motion sensor wired up!! Always, thought I didn't have an alarm as the sensor never responded and also I tried opening the doors from the inside and the alarm never goes off. Guess for some reason the Alarm is not activated and I'm gonna ask my SA to take care of it next time I am in the dealership for my maintenance. Can't believe I had it all along - LOL!!!!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,299 Posts
Ok guys, it's time to fall on my sword :bow:

Just took off the sensor cover and low and behold there is the motion sensor wired up!! Always, thought I didn't have an alarm as the sensor never responded and also I tried opening the doors from the inside and the alarm never goes off. Guess for some reason the Alarm is not activated and I'm gonna ask my SA to take care of it next time I am in the dealership for my maintenance. Can't believe I had it all along - LOL!!!!
I love learning new things, especially about these cars ! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love learning new things, especially about these cars ! :)
True that! I thought I wasn't going to be surprised by anything else with my car but I just discovered the whole passenger mirror/reverse thing. Its like these cars just keep revealing more to keep you in love with them...haha just kidding :rofl:. I do really like my car tho...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts