BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I did the 2011 ED they did not put frames on the rear of the car. They just drilled holes in the plate for mounting. They are doing much better now by using frames. I have left the front plates on both cars and mounted the rear plates above the work bench.

It would be nice to have a frame for the 2011 plate. If anyone has the Euro ED plate frame that they are going discard I would like to have it. I'll be glad to pay shipping and buy you a beer!

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
No frame looks naked but European delivery is short

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Beautiful mirror you have there above the work bench. And I bet there is a beautiful thing hiding under that car cover, too. :D

Good luck with your quest!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful mirror you have there above the work bench. And I bet there is a beautiful thing hiding under that car cover, too. :D

Good luck with your quest!
Thanks Mark. Nothing real special under the cover.... 2001 Boxster S we bought new. And, I do have a thing for mirrors! ... and polishing!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Thanks Mark. Nothing real special under the cover.... 2001 Boxster S we bought new. And, I do have a thing for mirrors! ... and polishing!
I was teasing - on your original picture with license plates, the lower part of a large Porsche emblem is pretty obvious on that mirror and the Boxster S is listed in your sig :D

By the way (and OT, I know, but for only one post. Promise :) ), how do you like it after all these years? Is is still tight and rattle-free? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was teasing - on your original picture with license plates, the lower part of a large Porsche emblem is pretty obvious on that mirror and the Boxster S is listed in your sig :D

By the way (and OT, I know, but for only one post. Promise :) ), how do you like it after all these years? Is is still tight and rattle-free? Thanks!
No worries Mark.... after 15 years of ownership I still get a thrill out of driving it. It is very nibble and fun to drive. I had two old Porhsche (97 993 cab and 97 993 turbo) at the same time I had the Boxster S and kept the Boxster. (Should have kept the turbo the way the prices have gone!) The Boxster being a mid engine car is so well balanced and has enough power for me. Nothing like the wife's M2, but enough. Not a rattle and as tight as can be.... but then it only has 29,000 miles on it. I stay on top of the preventive maintenance and haven't had any mechanical issues of note (wheel baring was the biggest repair I have had.) There are nightmare stories out there regarding issues with these cars. IMHO, if they are not cared for properly you will pay the price in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts