BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With respect to Bimmers, of course. I must say I've learned a lot over the first few days of this vehicular love affair I am engaged in.

First, it takes some serious will power to keep the engine revs under 4500 RPMs. I have mostly succeeded so far, but have suffered occasional lapses. I still have another 700 miles to go in the break-in period, and I can see that this is going to be difficult. I plan to offer up my used oil and filter at 1200 miles in the hopes that the Bimmer gods will be appeased by this humble offering (and a big thanks to Chipster :thumbup: for the heads up on the Pela oil extractor that arrived today from Overtons). Can't hurt, right?

I first thought that the proviso to keep it under a hundred was kind of silly until I went on a 300 mile road trip today. I did keep it under 100. Just barely, on a couple of occasions while passing slower traffic on 2 lane rural highways. God, I love this car. Which brings me to the second mod I will make to this car (first was the OEM pedal set): I ordered a Valentine detector this afternoon. Something tells me it could prove useful. I saw a lot of CHP(1) on the road today, and fortunately I saw them in time to slow down a tad. I think I need an assist from the Valentine unit.

Other observations from the first 3 days. Dog drool cleans up quite readily from the 'ette upholstery. So far, everyone thinks the 'ette is leather. Many women think BMW's are exciting cars and some like to talk about them, and the corollary: I need to meet more single women (as opposed to the married ladies who are presently gushing over my new car). Either that, or I need to let them know that if they have friends who are unattached, then some action on their part is required because Bimmers don't just grow on trees. Black 'ette does become quite warm while sitting in the hot sun, but the A/C fixes that in a hurry. I need some wipes or sumpin for brake dust management. The car is tight as a drum and the assembly quality appears to be first rate. Where's the in-dash CD changer? Jeez, I keep fumbling for music instead of driving...

(1) California Highway Patrol

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Cliff3 said:
With respect to Bimmers, of course. I must say I've learned a lot over the first few days of this vehicular love affair I am engaged in.

First, it takes some serious will power to keep the engine revs under 4500 RPMs...

I first thought that the proviso to keep it under a hundred was kind of silly until I went on a 300 mile road trip today. I did keep it under 100. Just barely...
I can relate to that... :angel:

BTW, VERY nice car... :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
man cliff i know how ya feel, i live in eureka myself, but i see them chp everywhere, its so hard to keep it under the limit. something im gonna get hammered for sooner or later. Luckily i got my car past 1200 miles finally, just got my 330ci last month.

by the way a couple weeks ago we had a mini bmw fest up here, youll have to come next year :D

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Rufus330Ci said:
Very nice 330 Cliff! Definitely worth the wait :D
Speaking of wait..................when is your expected delivery:dunno:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Patrick 320d said:
Cliff: go on a 700 mile road trip and get the break-in period over with! :D
Patrick
I'm going on a 1500 mile road trip next month up the coast of Northern California and Oregon. That should take care of it.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I've learned to live with the brake dust. aka frequent wheel cleanings. :) Enjoy!

·
Slacker Extraordinaire
1,817 Posts
First, it takes some serious will power to keep the engine revs under 4500 RPMs. I have mostly succeeded so far, but have suffered occasional lapses. I still have another 700 miles to go in the break-in period, and I can see that this is going to be difficult
After a long wait, I have THIS to look forward to? Ugh ....

:(

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
BMW's get women faster than diamonds (well, close) but they come for all the wrong reasons. :tsk:

For the brake dust, wax the rims. I find that the dirt doesn't stay off anymore than usual, but cleaning them is 5 times simpler. I don't even use any kind of soap. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.