BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aviator
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning ED #8 - a 2012 650 vert for pickup on Labor Day. Our plan is to head South for a few days in Bellagio, and then onwards to Artimino, Asolo and finishing up in Juan-les-Pins France . We normally stay at Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni, but the rates for that week are outrageous - over €1,000/nt !! Any recommendations for other hotels in Bellagio?

Thanks

Dick

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
There are basically three sets of options:
  1. A smaller hotel near the water, generally without parking.
  2. A hotel above the old town, with easy road access and parking.
  3. Any number of places elsewhere on the lake, then use a ferry to visit Bellagio.
We went with option 2 at the suggestion of people at the Rockefeller center, staying at the Belvedere. It certainly wasn't at the level of the Serbellloni, but we had a nice room and the service was good. The off-street parking was at an adjacent partly paved, partly dirt lot, and was free.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
We stayed in Lenno. http://www.albergolenno.com/eng/

They have a free covered parking garage. The ferry stops right at the hotel, but doesn't run that frequently. Drove and parked the car for free about a 1/2 mile north and walked on/off the car ferry which runs pretty frequently. You can walk to the gardens at Villa del Balbianello right from the hotel.

Here's a great place for dinner. Drive about a mile down the road South of Lenno and park and catch a small boat out to the island. It was a great experience. http://www.comacina.it/en/island.php

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Hotel du Lac, is on the water in Bellagio, has private parking garages ( reserve) and is about as good as it gets at a reasonable price in Bellagio. My family very much enjoyed our 3 days there. http://bellagiohoteldulac.com/ I just re read your original post be sure to tell them you have a "big" car the M5 was considered a big car and just fit in the garage.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
A few years back we stayed at the Hotel Florence. Our room was on the corner overlooking the lake and the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni. Hotel Florence is certainly not "grand", in fact it is a bit austere, but it does have a beautiful view of the lake. And it is quite a bit less expensive than the Sorbelloni. Like the Sorbelloni it is close to the ferry. But I don't remember where we parked our car - actually a rental car - so you may be reluctant to park a new 650 on the street. In front of the hotel there is a very pretty terrace with restaurants, again overlooking the lake.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you aren't totally set on Bellagio, look into Varenna. Varenna is on the direct ferry line to Bellagio and is a very nice little town. We stayed at the Hotel Olivedo and quite enjoyed our stay. They have uncovered, but secure parking. There was another, nicer, hotel in Varenna that was booked (can't recall the name now, but it was situated higher up from the lake in town and probably had more expansive views).

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
We stayed at Il Perlo Panorama.

The hotel was fair, the beds weren't that comfortable, and I couldn't fit in the bathtub (I'm 6'6", no shower).

However, I'd stay there again, maybe a hundred more times, because of this view.

Yes, that is the view from our bed. Holy Monkey it was gorgeous.

Attachments

·
Aviator
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great ideas - I have some research to do! BMWNA confirmed Welt pick-up on Sept 5, so we are good to go.

Dick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.