Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'Fester
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new tires today, S-03's. They are wonderful so far. But when I picked up the car, they told me my left front rim was bent on the inside. I had not noticed any ride difference. Is this dangerous? Should I get a new rim? The tire place told me to drive it and see if I notice any problems. :(
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
JMK said:
I just got new tires today, S-03's. They are wonderful so far. But when I picked up the car, they told me my left front rim was bent on the inside. I had not noticed any ride difference. Is this dangerous? Should I get a new rim? The tire place told me to drive it and see if I notice any problems. :(
You should have just had them mount the S-03 on the spare, it is the same size as the front rim :dunno:
 

·
'Fester
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Sport Package and I have the donut spare. Does anyone know it costs $500.00 foir a new rim?
 

·
I like cookies.
Joined
·
18,102 Posts
JMK said:
I have the Sport Package and I have the donut spare. Does anyone know it costs $500.00 foir a new rim?
damn! I missed the cabrio extention...you are fawked :cry:
 

·
Traffic Surgeon
Joined
·
2,317 Posts
JMK said:
I have the Sport Package and I have the donut spare. Does anyone know it costs $500.00 foir a new rim?
Check around first. I found some OEM m68's on ebay and also here and here . These are usually refinished/repaired rims, so there is a tiny bit of risk involved. I bought a rear that turned out to have a pinhole leak inside the rim. :mad: I just had road rash on my rim, so I sent it back and got a full refund.
 

·
Here since day one
Joined
·
7,180 Posts
I have 2 bent rims on the inside on my Eclipse . . . from what I understand if the rim is bent badly then it might do long term damage if not fixed

It costs about $100 to fix it so when I get some time, I will have one of them fixed because the other one is only a slight bend.

Anyway, I think you should have it fixed if it's a bad bend

This link might help you

http://www.fixrim.com/locations.htm
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
JMK said:
I just got new tires today, S-03's. They are wonderful so far. But when I picked up the car, they told me my left front rim was bent on the inside. I had not noticed any ride difference. Is this dangerous? Should I get a new rim? The tire place told me to drive it and see if I notice any problems. :(
:cry:
 

·
'Fester
Joined
·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the advice. I am going to try and get it repaired. They said it came from hitting a pothole. He also said BMW's are known for bending easily.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
JMK said:
Thanks for all the advice. I am going to try and get it repaired. They said it came from hitting a pothole. He also said BMW's are known for bending easily.
During the first year on my Audi A6, I bent 3 rims:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: (great NJ roads)

I'm hoping for better luck in my new car
 

·
Double Bimmers
Joined
·
1,176 Posts
JMK said:
Thanks for all the advice. I am going to try and get it repaired. They said it came from hitting a pothole. He also said BMW's are known for bending easily.
Yeah, that is your best option... try to get it fixed.

I don't know how bad it is bent, but the inside edge of your front wheel is not as bad as the outside edge. You can see by how our front tires wear on the outside, that most of the cornering load is on the outsided edge.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top