BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bentley Z Manual arrived

1395 19
The manual is about three inches thick and has a great deal of info I read it cover to cover last night,So much stuff we did have in the early years it is well posted,it makes navigating repairs on all the models so fast and the S-54 Data is great,Yes we have the a few confidential books but this is perfect,for the weekend mechanics.......
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
How is the section on S54 valve check and adjust? Is that section alone worth the price?

I'm going to buy the thing one way or another though. :p Just to have as a reference.
Detail

The valve adjustment procedure is very detailed and they expel about four pages to just that,the tool requirments also were helpfull they also list were to but the tools required for certain jobs from about four different sources,I must belive they are knock of mfg or they make them for the BMW.To be honest I have never been that inpressed with after market books this Manual is well worth every penny!
Bentley did the original manuals for (all) my MGs & Healey (they've been around a long time). They have always been very comprehensive and suitable for line-mechanics. I had no reason to think this one would be any different.

Mine arrived about a week ago; I can echo Al's sentiment for it.
ARC///M said:
The valve adjustment procedure is very detailed and they expel about four pages to just that,the tool requirments also were helpfull they also list were to but the tools required for certain jobs from about four different sources,I must belive they are knock of mfg or they make them for the BMW.To be honest I have never been that inpressed with after market books this Manual is well worth every penny!
It uses the same but not all of the pics in the TIS.
I preordered mine from Barnes and Noble for $69.96 shipped. It's more now.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ISBN=9780837612508&pdf=y

JonM said:
How is the section on S54 valve check and adjust? Is that section alone worth the price?
Where did we all order them from?
I ordered direct from Amazon; mine was about $79.00 delivered.
bob lindquist said:
Where did we all order them from?
I ordered mine from Amazon last night. :)
Ordered mine this week from Amazon, and will be getting it next week. It's coming from Kentucky, and cost $75.57 with free shipping to Hawaii! :thumbup:
Walmart.com has it for ~$73 shipped.... linky
Mine arrived today

Got mine from Walmart. Ordered 4/12/05, delivered 5/7/05 for $76.51. Guess I didn't do so well on the shipping cost.

I have the BMW CD set, but you know, there is no replacement for a book while you're tinkering. I think BMW should have made one available long ago. Not everyone takes their car to the dealer.

Happy reading!!

Fred
I agree

Tis ect great,in the office but the book enhances our work.I got it at Barnes..
What's the cover look like, and whats the exact title?

Thanks
Check out post #3.
bob lindquist said:
What's the cover look like, and whats the exact title?

Thanks
Book

Bob, you remember my car? They put a picture of it on the cover of the book!

Life is to short for pre-sweetened kool-aid.
wrong

If you look at the turn signals it Vins car and Shawn Mcurdy car.
wow, how do you know this?
ARC///M said:
If you look at the turn signals it Vins car and Shawn Mcurdy car.
98's were amber plastic, 99 on were clear plastic/amber bulbs (same for side t/s indicators).
JT///M3 said:
wow, how do you know this?
Mine arrived today! :thumbup:

Caveat: This does not mean I'll stop the questions & emails to R. Forbes & DMW. :D
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.