BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to achieve this in an automatic, whilst trying this in my e39 540 i have tried numerous ways like holding the brake on before i start and trying to manual shift etc etc... has anybody found the perfect way to accelerate an auto yet...? Also any one got any tips on a getting a burnout started-purely for curiousity of course...

cheers dan

[email protected]

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
A/C, DSC/ASC off, just punch it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
danny540bmw said:
What is the best way to achieve this in an automatic, whilst trying this in my e39 540 i have tried numerous ways like holding the brake on before i start and trying to manual shift etc etc... has anybody found the perfect way to accelerate an auto yet...? Also any one got any tips on a getting a burnout started-purely for curiousity of course...

cheers dan

[email protected]
Hey, I am having the problem with the burnout. I think it's the traction control coming into play. Does anyone know how to turn that off. My brother has a Dodge Charger and is putting me to shame. :(

·
2,741 Posts
tuckermoore said:
Hey, I am having the problem with the burnout. I think it's the traction control coming into play. Does anyone know how to turn that off. My brother has a Dodge Charger and is putting me to shame. :(
ASC/DSC button in front of the shifter. If you want to burnout, you should've gotten a charger or camaro.

·
E39 ****
118 Posts
Unless you have a LOT of mods on your 530i, your brother's Charger will always put your car in the rearview mirror. We E39 530i owners start off with a 3 liter @225HP, the Charger's smallest motor is a 3.5 liter @250HP.

http://www.dodge.com/charger/power.html

If he's got a Charger SRT8....fuggetaboutit.

·
Neverending Top End!
244 Posts
tuckermoore said:
It's difficult to burn out with automatics, you can't drop that much power from start. Speaking of Chargers...a lit up an RT the other day. He was speeding up to 90+ and I flew by him 110+. I'd love to come across more RTs and see what they made of.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
1fast325i said:
It's difficult to burn out with automatics, you can't drop that much power from start. Speaking of Chargers...a lit up an RT the other day. He was speeding up to 90+ and I flew by him 110+. I'd love to come across more RTs and see what they made of.
watch those speeds brotha... ask me why!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
A lot of states are really cracking down on so called 'aggresive driving'. After my 90-55 reckless driving 6/30, I've taken two driver improvement classes including one specifically for 'aggresive driving' and it's changed my outlook on things a bit. I have a court date of 8/1 that will likely result in loss of driving privledges for 6 months and possibly a few days in jail. Cali may not be as tough, but it's not just the legal consequences to be concerned with. At those speeds, your safety and well being are in the hands of the the 'non-drivers' that we all see everyday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i usually turn off the asc, put it in first, get going about 5 then crank the wheel at the same time you punch it. i only have a 528 with a v6 and i can roast em all day so im sure you could get them smoking. although this method is only good for kicking your car sideways, not strait ahead.

·
2,741 Posts
kaiboy528 said:
i usually turn off the asc, put it in first, get going about 5 then crank the wheel at the same time you punch it. i only have a 528 with a v6 and i can roast em all day so im sure you could get them smoking. although this method is only good for kicking your car sideways, not strait ahead.

·
Registered
689 Posts
kaiboy528 said:
:eeps: its called an i6 :tsk: meaning inline straight 6, but i can agree with you there, when we do mountain runs, and we turn around to go the opposite direction i always tend to do that and leave a pile of smoke in my freinds face :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts