BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
What is the best 2-way radios to get?
What features, besides handsfree operation, and range are important?
Thanks!
-Andre
:thumbup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd say the tried and true radio that most people use are some model of the Motorola Talkabouts

Moto Talkabout models

Get the ones with about 2-3 (or more) miles range and with subchannels...they help SO much getting in touch with people and knowing whats going on....

You DON"T need this by any means to go to bimmerfest, but I find them a for sure recommendation on you b-fest gear list! You can tell know has them and know doesn't while your on the road hehe.

·
Le plaisir de conduire
494 Posts
What channel will the caravans be using again? I heard 5 but I'm not sure. :dunno:

~Jon

·
Registered
175 Posts
JAWJr said:
What channel will the caravans be using again? I heard 5 but I'm not sure. :dunno:

~Jon
Not sure yet, usually some variation of the date of the event or some random channel, but I'm sure it will be posted. Usually one universal bimmerfest channel so the caravans can us this on the way and as we et closer can hook up with other festers on the way, keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Darkstar M3 said:
Hi All,
What is the best 2-way radios to get?
What features, besides handsfree operation, and range are important?
Thanks!
-Andre
:thumbup:
I just bought a set of Talkabout's at Target last night for $25.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
1. Amateur Band Mobile...50 watts of pure VHF power!
2. Uniden 10 mile 2 way radio
3. Cobra 8 Miler

Motorola..over priced..over rated..IMO.

·
:-)
2,262 Posts
LordGop said:
You can tell know has them and know doesn't while your on the road hehe.
Huh?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Matthew330Ci said:
I'm saying that when there is an alert out or parking directions being given via talkies and that one guy in front of you has no idea whats going on you can tell....if you've had one at past events you know what I mean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts