BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-

I am trying to find an amplifier that is PnP (plug and play) for the standard BMW audio system (not the L7). I have a 2010 550i and I am going to replace the stock speakers with the BSW (Bavarian Sound Werks) Stage 1 upgrade speakers and replace the stock subs with the Earthquake SWS-8's subwoofers. It has to be a 4.1 or a 5 channel amp to power all the replaced speakers (as far as I understand without going to two amps). I know the Blaupunkt THA555 that is now discontinued worked for this application, but is there a new model amp that will work (maybe more powerful) for this system? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Why don't you contact BSW to get their recommendation. I figure since they created the new speakers for BMW's they could give you the answer pretty quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rockfordfosgate has a 5ch amp that may work but i think you should 1st talk to bsw and see what that have to say that is your best bet cuz if you go to a sound shop they will sell you the world and they dont care cuz they see a bimmer and they see banks and don't forget that it will also void your warranty so check with bsw first:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.