BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
Yep, but I still wouldn't buy one because A) it's a ford, and B) you could get a 650i which is faster and a nicer car for the same price.

·
Gadget Freak
657 Posts
I didnt think there were people that still bought Jaguar. Atleast not anyone in their right mind.

·
F87 on the way!
1,610 Posts
I'm with you...I'd take one in a heartbeat :drive:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Oh gosh, those annoying "Gorgeous" commercials. Jaguar is trying way to hard to be sexy. And you should see the billboards aound Beverly Center in SoCa; all they say is Jaguar and a cool background or the cars grill. BMW's ad's are all so clever; like yesterday I saw a billboard for the Z4M roadster nd it said "hauls only one thing". Same could be said bout VW commercials, all
clever. :thumbup:

-e60lover

·
Registered
566 Posts
Haven't seen the Jaguar ones, but BMW's new TV commercials (produced by their new ad agency) are downright lame and boring. I bet they were cheap to make too.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
BmW745On19's said:
Yep, but I still wouldn't buy one because A) it's a ford, and B) you could get a 650i which is faster and a nicer car for the same price.
Not me, I'd take an XK over a 6er any day of the week.

Ed

·
Great Driver Onizuka
3,572 Posts
BmW745On19's said:
There was an interesting comparison of convertibles in my local car magazine (SL vs 650Ci vs new XK). The XK came out first, as it was reported to have excellent handling (being rather "light" for this kind of car) and a great value.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Spiderm0n said:
I can't get the song out of my head either!!!
"I turn my Camera On" by Spoon. Just in case you want it on your ipod like me :rofl: lol

-e60lover:)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
e60lover said:
"I turn my Camera On" by Spoon. Just in case you want it on your ipod like me :rofl: lol

-e60lover:)
It really is a great song. I heaar it all of the time on XM.

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
I saw a new Jaguar XK in Laguna Beach over the weekend. It is a GORGEOUS car. At first glance I thought it was an Aston Martin.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
EdCT said:
Not me, I'd take an XK over a 6er any day of the week.

Ed
:stupid:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
They lost the design with the new XK Coupe. The predecessor was prettier, IMO.

The front is horrible, it resembles of a Hyundai Coupe, not that the Hyundai is a very ugly car, but it just doesn't look like a Jag. The taillights look like as if they don't belong there.

The interior is a quite pretty, it's neat and tidy. Again, the window switches are on the wrong place, but that's the newest trend, so I fear that we'll have to learn to live with it.

Overall, the exterior is not what I'd expected from a Jag Coupe. I wish it was a bit more elegant.

·
Family Man User
5,540 Posts
I think it looks great, but I can also see why some Jag enthusiasts would have preferred the previous gen's looks. The new one is supposed to drive much better, though.

I don't mind the nose or the "Taurus-like" grill. It's supposed to be reminiscent of the E-type, not the Taurus, after all.

The gripe I have is the interior quality. The glovebox was really difficult to shut. You have to basically slam it before it latches. The material didn't seem too fantastic, either. Oh well. At least Jag's doing well above average in both the JD Power IQS and VDS. Crazy!

·
Happy Trails!
2,893 Posts
I've done my time with Jaguar, after my XJS v12 turned itself into an expensive gasoline-fired candle one day, I swore to never buy another one. Even so, the new ones just don't have the warmth of the old ones... I can't put my finger on it but there it is.

(Oh I do like the song by Spoon also!)

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I do like the looks of the new XK (although at first glance, it screams "tadpole" to me) and have seen a few on the streets. It definately looks better than the 6. However "big luxury coupe" doesnt work for me. If I bought a new car in that price range, it'd be an Atlantic blue/creme beige 6 convertible or a jet black/black 550i sedan.

By the way, I love how BMW's build-your-own website is about as reliable as a 2002 7-series.

·
zeddy
7,668 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
By the way, I love how BMW's build-your-own website is about as reliable as a 2002 7-series.
You too? I haven't gotten that to work in ages - could be a Safari problem, don't know.

Ed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts