BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 x5. The MID barely shows anything and I'm just thinking of upgrading the whole unit. (Electronics first then everything else).

Any suggestions or does anyone have pictures of what did they did to their beamer?
TIA

Side note-not having bluetooth to play music is a pain and the plug ins you can buy are horrid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
773 Posts
Many of us have installed an AVIN android or an aliexpress android unit with varying degrees of satisfaction. Used mask/champ runs $200 or so on ebay.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I have a 09 x5. The MID barely shows anything and I'm just thinking of upgrading the whole unit. (Electronics first then everything else).

Any suggestions or does anyone have pictures of what did they did to their beamer?
TIA

Side note-not having bluetooth to play music is a pain and the plug ins you can buy are horrid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bimmerfest mobile app
Sigh....
You don't have a beamer.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,841 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many of us have installed an AVIN android or an aliexpress android unit with varying degrees of satisfaction. Used mask/champ runs $200 or so on ebay.
Perfect. Thank you for the direction. This is my first BMW. I was into the river scene before...specifically Si's. This beast is a whole new level.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You could hardwire a BT adapter to your AUX wiring. I did this on my E60, same concept would work on an E70. I actually wish I knew about this before the AVIN so I didn't go down that road.

My phone on a good mount with this adapter, music and nav streaming, and I'm good in the E60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXOLFggCz8A

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts