BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendationd for a cup holder? I am replacing the factory issue part for the second time and do not plan on using it any longer.

Thanks,

Texbmw

·
an audience of One
7,853 Posts
texbmw said:
Any recommendationd for a cup holder? I am replacing the factory issue part for the second time and do not plan on using it any longer.

Thanks,

Texbmw
Tex,

Search this forum. M Wong has posted the definitive list of cupholders available for the E39.

-Mark

·
Wrenchin'
2,051 Posts
Okie540i said:
http://ultimatecupholders.com/

I have them and they work/look great. Buy 2 and save $5 on shipping. :thumbup:
that's awesome. imo that's a great place for the cupholder too. how well does it work on the tall cups that you get from fast food joints? from what i saw, it doesn't look like the supports are high enough. the tall ones are usually the ones that tip over and spill :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
ketchup said:
that's awesome. imo that's a great place for the cupholder too. how well does it work on the tall cups that you get from fast food joints? from what i saw, it doesn't look like the supports are high enough. the tall ones are usually the ones that tip over and spill :(
So far, so good. I've used plenty of tall, skinny cups with no probs. I'll make a post if I have a bad experience. BTW, I have the BMW all-weather floor mats under my Ultimates, so if anything does spill, I have a backup. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts

·
Unregistered User
234 Posts
MW, which one of the 2 you have do you prefer?
I am probably going to be using a standard stainless steel travel cup usually.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
Well, that's hard to say... I don't get to take the E39 much because that's my wife's daily driver! :(

The TecAccessories one is nice because you can retract it. To be real honest, we just about never do. You can slide the armrest forward to give the cup more stability if you have some spirited driving concerns. We use either a Starbucks-like paper cup or the metal tumbler shown in the picture, and both sit fine without spill concerns. We don't find that it impairs using the gear shifter or the door lock button.

The CupHolders.com one looks better than I expected. Nice that it holds two beverages. I lost the center console storage slot that it slides into as well as the ash tray. I find the "phone slot" is useless so I would get the plain one if I had to do it over. Very solid construction, holds cups very steady. I like that it gave me a place to mount my Infinity BassLink volume control, so I didn't have to stick or screw it into any part of the dash.

I would put the CupHolders.com one ahead, simply because it's more solid and usefull. (Though do note that the E38 is my daily driver, so I am definately more used to that set up.) I would say the other one is a better selection only if you don't care to see the cup holder all the time or don't like the looks of the CupHolders.com one.

Don't get me wrong, the UltimateCupholder gets high marks everywhere I have read. I just can't reach the UltimateCupholder easily because I am not that tall, and the steering wheel is too close to my legs. It takes too much precision for me to get at the cup from the floor area!

·
Registered
405 Posts
M.Wong said:
Personally, I have a tecaccessories.com one in the E39 and a CupHolders.com one in the E38. The Ultimate one sits too low for me, but I have not heard too many people say they didn't like it.

http://www.tecaccessories.com/

http://www.cup-holders.com/store/cat1_1.htm

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

Here is a good comparison from UltimateCupHolders.com
http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/competitors.html
now does the picture in the middle, fold back????????????

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
BMW528i_Bilal said:
now does the picture in the middle, fold back????????????
Does the CupHolders.com one fold? No, it always sits there. You could pull it out if you wanted, (and toss it in the back seat?) but mine holds the BassLink volume control so it never comes out.

In my last post, click on the link over each photo to see more about that particular cup holder.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
My vote is on the ultimate cupholder. It is out of the way, can hold anything from a small coffee cup to tallest cups to 1 liter water bottle. NEVER had a spill, regardless of how hard you use your brakes or take a turn.

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
I ordered 2 of those (Ultimate Cup holders) last Week. Haven't received them yet. The guy who sells them is pretty curteous on the phone.

·
Registered
405 Posts
sunnykk said:
I ordered 2 of those (Ultimate Cup holders) last Week. Haven't received them yet. The guy who sells them is pretty curteous on the phone.
My best bet in these kinda cars are, no eating or drinking, :rofl:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I vote for the Ultimate Cupholder

It holds a water bottle very well, as well as my coffee cup. Requires no modification to the car.

·
Unregistered User
234 Posts
I got the tecaccessories one this weekend and really like it. It appeals to the high tech, and it's very unobtrusive. It's VERY expensive $90 but check this out: It's an approved BMW accessory now and so dealers have it. I was able to score for $70 due to a good relationship with local parts counter, plus no shipping. Just wanted to pass that along for peeps who were considering it but didn't want to shell out $90. Maybe Pacific or Crevier would offer a similar break as well.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Part number?

·
Fas kine Touring, Brah!
259 Posts
This is my favorite:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts