BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

best gasoline to use?

  • Amoco 93

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Exxon 93

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Mobil 93

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Shell 93

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Sunoco 94

    Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Other 93 or higher

    Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Below 93

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Don't really give a damn

    Votes: 15 21.4%

best gas to use?

1915 Views 26 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  ObD
just want to poll what you put in to the gas tank?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
He must be talking about Jersey gas...

93 octane? 94 octane? What's that? :dunno:
Re: He must be talking about Jersey gas...

Cliff3 said:
93 octane? 94 octane? What's that? :dunno:
The non cali-crap gas :thumbup:
Both of the Sunoco stations I go to sell racing fuel (octane ~ 100) but neither place will pump it into my car:thumbdwn:

They say it has to go into "approved" containers!!!

How come a BMW gas tank is not "approved" :dunno: :dunno: :bigpimp:
More often than not I end up at Hess. I always go with 93 octane though, these cars thrive on that stuff. Once in a while I'll do 94 at Sunoco just for the pure psychological effects it seems to have on my driving senses. :)
When I lived in the northeast, I generally preferred Sunoco. But down here in Texas, I use Texaco.
#1 no 93 or higher gas in cali
#2 no texaco? or 76
exxon chevron texaco. if i'm at a price club, their gas. ha.
Costco! cant beat the price there...
Theres only two gasoline stations that i use, one is 91 octane, the other is 92 octane.

Most the time i fill up with the 91. Its at Flying J, a HUGE trucker stop with lots of volume...keeps prices down...:D
Only get 91 octane here. And I use Unocal.
i personally like Amoco 93, i found it being more powerful accelerating from standstill than Sunoco 94.
Doug, tell them if they don't give you the 100 octane gas that your 6'5" frame will give them a 100 octane beating . . .

I bet all of a sudden the BMW gas tank will be 'approved'

:lmao: :lmao:
DougDogs said:
Both of the Sunoco stations I go to sell racing fuel (octane ~ 100) but neither place will pump it into my car:thumbdwn:

They say it has to go into "approved" containers!!!

How come a BMW gas tank is not "approved" :dunno: :dunno: :bigpimp:
I see you live in Jersey, the land of no self-serve, along with Oregon, IIRC.

We have crappy 91octane cali-gas, but at least we get to pump our own 100. :D
DougDogs said:
Both of the Sunoco stations I go to sell racing fuel (octane ~ 100) but neither place will pump it into my car:thumbdwn:

They say it has to go into "approved" containers!!!

How come a BMW gas tank is not "approved" :dunno: :dunno: :bigpimp:
What they actually said is that they only will pump it into a car that is towed to the pump (racecar) or else it has to go in another portable tank. (Hmmmmm, wonder what 100 octane will do to my lawnmower:dunno: ) ((or maybe I should use my lawnmower to tow my car to the pumps!!!))

For the price they charge, you'd think they wouldn't care where it goes.....
Alan F said:


Doug, tell them if they don't give you the 100 octane gas that your 6'5" frame will give them a 100 octane beating . . .

I bet all of a sudden the BMW gas tank will be 'approved'

:lmao: :lmao:
Why don't you tow the BMW to the pump with the trailblazer or if that doesn't work, call roadside assistance while your at the gas station and have them put your car on a flatbed, then fill it up :D
DougDogs said:


What they actually said is that they only will pump it into a car that is towed to the pump (racecar) or else it has to go in another portable tank. (Hmmmmm, wonder what 100 octane will do to my lawnmower:dunno: ) ((or maybe I should use my lawnmower to tow my car to the pumps!!!))

For the price they charge, you'd think they wouldn't care where it goes.....
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Alan F said:


Why don't you tow the BMW to the pump with the trailblazer or if that doesn't work, call roadside assistance while your at the gas station and have them put your car on a flatbed, then fill it up :D
I am pretty faithful to (Union) 76...
I recently switched to Sunoco 94, and found that the car likes it. especially in really hot weather. You don't notice a big diff going from 92 to 94 octane around town (maybe a the engine is a tad smoother), but at speeds over 80, there IS a difference! When you rev high, a funny quirk is that the engine tends to retain the rpms longer than usual when you either let off the gas, or during shifting...but, then...could be sticky pedal too :tsk: But it's been hot all summer, and I haven't noticed this on lower octanes.
Well, i guess the next obvious question to ask is how much are you guys paying for your 93+ octane. I pay $1.49 for my 91 so im guessing yours will be higher. Do you think it is worth it?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top