• Below 93

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Don't really give a damn

Votes: 15 21.4%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Both of the Sunoco stations I go to sell racing fuel (octane ~ 100) but neither place will pump it into my car:thumbdwn:

They say it has to go into "approved" containers!!!

How come a BMW gas tank is not "approved" :dunno: :dunno: :bigpimp:

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
More often than not I end up at Hess. I always go with 93 octane though, these cars thrive on that stuff. Once in a while I'll do 94 at Sunoco just for the pure psychological effects it seems to have on my driving senses. :)

·
TXSunDvl
3,630 Posts
When I lived in the northeast, I generally preferred Sunoco. But down here in Texas, I use Texaco.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Theres only two gasoline stations that i use, one is 91 octane, the other is 92 octane.

Most the time i fill up with the 91. Its at Flying J, a HUGE trucker stop with lots of volume...keeps prices down...:D

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
DougDogs said:
Both of the Sunoco stations I go to sell racing fuel (octane ~ 100) but neither place will pump it into my car:thumbdwn:

Doug, tell them if they don't give you the 100 octane gas that your 6'5" frame will give them a 100 octane beating . . .

I bet all of a sudden the BMW gas tank will be 'approved'

:lmao: :lmao:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
DougDogs said:

I see you live in Jersey, the land of no self-serve, along with Oregon, IIRC.

We have crappy 91octane cali-gas, but at least we get to pump our own 100. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Alan F said:

Doug, tell them if they don't give you the 100 octane gas that your 6'5" frame will give them a 100 octane beating . . .

I bet all of a sudden the BMW gas tank will be 'approved'

:lmao: :lmao:
What they actually said is that they only will pump it into a car that is towed to the pump (racecar) or else it has to go in another portable tank. (Hmmmmm, wonder what 100 octane will do to my lawnmower:dunno: ) ((or maybe I should use my lawnmower to tow my car to the pumps!!!))

For the price they charge, you'd think they wouldn't care where it goes.....

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
DougDogs said:

What they actually said is that they only will pump it into a car that is towed to the pump (racecar) or else it has to go in another portable tank. (Hmmmmm, wonder what 100 octane will do to my lawnmower:dunno: ) ((or maybe I should use my lawnmower to tow my car to the pumps!!!))

For the price they charge, you'd think they wouldn't care where it goes.....
Why don't you tow the BMW to the pump with the trailblazer or if that doesn't work, call roadside assistance while your at the gas station and have them put your car on a flatbed, then fill it up :D

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I recently switched to Sunoco 94, and found that the car likes it. especially in really hot weather. You don't notice a big diff going from 92 to 94 octane around town (maybe a the engine is a tad smoother), but at speeds over 80, there IS a difference! When you rev high, a funny quirk is that the engine tends to retain the rpms longer than usual when you either let off the gas, or during shifting...but, then...could be sticky pedal too :tsk: But it's been hot all summer, and I haven't noticed this on lower octanes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts