BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont wanna mess up my Bimmer. . We all know its phat as hell but I want to work with the engine a bit . And I DONT want to put any peice of shit Honda Intakes on my car. Anyone know of a GOOD Bimmer Intake for a good Price. And a location where I can get it?:dunno:

Attachments

· I like cookies.
19,819 Posts
There are a few for the 330.

Conforti and ECIS both replace the stock airbox with a cone and heat shield system. Conforti's uses an ITG foam filter and ECIS uses a K&N cone filter.

Dinan uses an Aluminum (or Carbon Fiber, if you're lucky) tube that relocates the fliter into the bumper behind the foglight.

I have the Dinan intake and like it a lot :thumb:

Attachments

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HOLy shit man . . . did you pay $1100 for that COld air Dinan!? thats what this guy is trying to charge me for it! he said its becuase it Comes with dinan Software thats why its so expensive . . Thats alot of ****ing money for a cold air intake!

· Banned
25,563 Posts
Okay, long in tooth here, but keep me up with the times...We've gone from "Neato" in the 50's, to "Cool" in the 60's, 70's, to "Awesome" in the 80's 90's, now to "Phat"....I don't get it, where'd the "Phat" come from? :)

· Registered
2,489 Posts
Sumptuous said:
HOLy shit man . . . did you pay $1100 for that COld air Dinan!? thats what this guy is trying to charge me for it! he said its becuase it Comes with dinan Software thats why its so expensive . . Thats alot of ****ing money for a cold air intake!
Nah, should be around $399.00. You don't have to get the Dinan Software (another nice mod - $1,100.00 is still too much though). Whoever you spoke with is just trying to screw you. See if there are other Dinan dealers in your area...

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reply to the first man . . PHAT was actually used in the 50's Example: to call someone a cool guy you would call him a "phat cat" lol

anyhow. . Yea $400 is more in my price range lol That guy was like I think we only have one Carbon fiber left! and they dont make them anymore so I'll have to charge you extra lol. Anyhow the next nearest Dinan Dealer is like San fransico lol Im in los angeles hahah

HAHAHA Btw the Picture is of a oldskool m3 BURNING MY ASS off the line lol

Attachments

· Premium Member
11,607 Posts
Sumptuous said:
Thats another point! Do some 330 Ci's not come with Govenors? Cuz I swear on the freeway I've been up to 130. I'll take a picture. my engine is Stock too.
Speedometer error... 128 is where the limiter cuts in. You might be able to bounce off the limiter briefly and go a little faster, but that's it.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alee said:

Speedometer error... 128 is where the limiter cuts in. You might be able to bounce off the limiter briefly and go a little faster, but that's it.
No but Ive been like to the end WHere the needle is like about to break off like almost 145 at times . if thats an error Its a horriiblee Error . thats off by like 30 mph! you have to see a pic I'll take one soon

· Banned
25,563 Posts
Sumptuous said:

No but Ive been like to the end WHere the needle is like about to break off like almost 145 at times . if thats an error Its a horriiblee Error . thats off by like 30 mph! you have to see a pic I'll take one soon
Do me a favor, do it at the track, you see, I have relatives that drive on the same freeway as you do...I would hate to see a terrible accident happen. Thank you.

· Registered
7,544 Posts
PHAT = Pretty Hot And Tempting....shees Rip get with the times!

The Dinan stage I software removes the speed limiter and raises the rev limiter to colse to 7000, I've hit it on the track. This moves your top speed in 5th way up.

It also makes the throttle more responsive. I got it ($600) and feel the car is more balanced and responsive, even though it adds no additional HP.

My .02
Haus

· Registered
7,544 Posts
in_d_haus said:
PHAT = Pretty Hot And Tempting....shees Rip get with the times! Fat Cat referred to someone rich.

The Dinan stage I software removes the speed limiter and raises the rev limiter to colse to 7000, I've hit it on the track. This moves your top speed in 5th way up.

It also makes the throttle more responsive. I got it ($600) and feel the car is more balanced and responsive, even though it adds no additional HP.

My .02
Haus

· Registered
117 Posts
Dinan CF intake $499
Dinan stage 2 software $299
2.5-3.0 labor? at about $86-90 an hour labor rate
so that get's you around the $1000 mark and then adding Tax?
I can see the $1100.

btw-I have the Dinan:CAI,Exhaust,Stage2 and dig it very much...never tried other companies yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.