Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW owner here that’s about to work on my mom’s Jeep. Any one know the best forum, part reference, and online repair manuals for Jeep. Similar to Bimmerfest, Realoem.com, and Newtis? Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,204 Posts
Buy all new tools at Autozone, you'll be set.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My guess is that after working on a BMW it’s that simple and you mean I need standard and not metric tools. I got that covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
What was that?
814 Posts
What Jeep exactly? Different sources for flatties, CJ, CJ, WJ... not one site fits all in my opinion. Also, jeeps have so many different ranges of users, that you can find a really good forum for off-road modifications, but probably not good for OEM fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What Jeep exactly? Different sources for flatties, CJ, CJ, WJ... not one site fits all in my opinion. Also, jeeps have so many different ranges of users, that you can find a really good forum for off-road modifications, but probably not good for OEM fixes.

Generic 08 Liberty with 4WD.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,204 Posts
I was making a snobby joke....

;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,204 Posts
Not about you, about jeep owners. But yeah, kinda poor form

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This might turn into a funny thread I’m told by a good buddy that my mom’s Jeep is coming down with a Christmas tree dashboard. This will be fun in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,530 Posts
This might turn into a funny thread I’m told by a good buddy that my mom’s Jeep is coming down with a Christmas tree dashboard. This will be fun in a couple weeks.
I was in a disabled Jeep just last night. We dilly'ed around in some fresh mud and high water before heading back to pavement. The CE light came on and his temp started to rise.

We pulled over, tapped the TStat (like that'd do anything, but maybe) and waited. Couple of times it wouldn't stay cool, but then like magic, everything stayed calm for the ride home. I say sticky Tstat but we'll know more soon enough. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was in a disabled Jeep just last night. We dilly'ed around in some fresh mud and high water before heading back to pavement. The CE light came on and his temp started to rise.

We pulled over, tapped the TStat (like that'd do anything, but maybe) and waited. Couple of times it wouldn't stay cool, but then like magic, everything stayed calm for the ride home. I say sticky Tstat but we'll know more soon enough. :dunno:

Yeah. This is a 12 year old Jeep with probably only 50,000 miles or so. Rusty underneath. It will be interesting. It’s never had a single gasket, plug, or module replaced. Other than a FSR I did.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 12 year old Jeep made it down to S.C. left coolant drips all over my driveway. The NJ snow has sure eaten away at the metal. Lots of rust. Muffler is full of holes, TPM system is a mess, electronic throttle control warning light (been on for who knows how long), EVAP emission control leak fault code, CEL....

This is gonna be fun. It’s interesting how simple a 12 year old Jeep is compared to my 12 year old BMW.

IMG_3626.JPG
IMG_3628.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3630.JPG
IMG_3580.JPG

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Never worked on? New cv boots, upper wishbone, springs, shock...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it insured? Against fire I mean...

Ha. My mother has an emotional tie to this Jeep so I’m going to do what I can. I was able to clear one code/dash light and it did not come back. It has a fuel leak somewhere so maybe that fire is a possibility.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts