Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
If the average person does not understand your posts than what is the point of your communication. Does it make you feel worth while? Use your knowledge so most of us can understand it and benefit from it.
Why would you feed the troll? Gee... :rofl:

Because trolls take away from productive work, the ideal response is to starve the troll of attention by ignoring it and going about your usual business. People being people, though, someone usually takes the bait, which is why trolls are so notorious.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don't_feed_the_Troll

It's just car wax...

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,083 Posts
Back on subject, I've switched over to Duragloss Aquawax. It's basically a polymer sealant and works great as a topper over your current favorite (mine: Meguiar's Ultimate paste). I dilute it by 20% for a detail spray and have used it full strength when claying a car (final pass):

Attachments

·
Porleau
1,489 Posts
Griot's Garage has some compelling products in this space. If you have Amazon prime, delivered in 2 days for free!

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
You can ALWAYS count on this place for having a few people around here to nitpick the he11 out of someone who takes the time out of their day to try to help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thank you mykatie.

All I was doing this morning was trying to help other members by posting my opinions on a couple of products after quite a bit of research. I tried several bottles of spray wax that where 8 different types. In all I would guess I tested all different combinations on about 25 different cars. I would spray some panels with one type and another type on other panels of the same car. Some panels I sprayed no product onto. I did this on different days. Some where sprayed on cloudy days and some where sprayed on sunny days. I preferred product that was easy to put on and wipe off with out much streaking.I would feel the sprayed panels and preferred silky smooth results. I would analyze the depth of gloss. After experimenting I would then have my crew spray the whole car and buff off with a microfiber cloth.

The p40 you looked at on Amazon is a polish and not a spray wax. This is not the product I used or am recommending. This is a completely different product and serves a different purpose. I did not check but I would think it is listed and explained on Chemical Guys Website.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,426 Posts

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts
My post was not about using or buying it. All I said was the link Doug supplied while trying to show you there was no carnauba in your choice, was NOT the wax you used. It was actually for the P40 That had no carnauba.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Gotcha Mykatie ...Thanks

Doug,

"Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it."

This is a snooty statement for a public car enthusiast forum. It implies, on some level, that you are smarter than most forum members. I think the idea of a forum is to share useful information and experiences that most members can understand and maybe use.If you are writing something that most people on the forum will not understand than what is your point. IF Im missing something about this statement in your post than please explain.

Also, quoting life philosophy statements from various sources can be weird especially when a lot of people on this forum dont understand them. Why dont you hang out with people of your own intellect and interests. You will be more stimulated and save the rest of us from your hard to understand brilliance.

I will say that very few of your posts I enjoy but the vast majority are just out there. Tone it down for us common folks!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Doug Googles tangentially relevant chemicals, physical properties, etc.; typically copies the results the results word for word; and pastes them into posts as if they add to the discussion.

Plagiarism as faked erudition.

It is best to skip his posts.

On topic: I use and am impressed with Griot's Spray-On Wax, click.

I will leave it to others to Google the ingredients. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
The best option to ignore a forum member is to add him to your ignore list. Once you do that, you won't see his posts.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Doug Googles tangentially relevant chemicals, physical properties, etc.; typically copies the results the results word for word; and pastes them into posts as if they
This has been obvious for a long time if you happened to come across his numerous posts.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,426 Posts
Doug Googles tangentially relevant chemicals, physical properties, etc.; typically copies the results the results word for word; and pastes them into posts as if they add to the discussion.
It’s not a discussion, as among peers, it is an elective lecture and instruction. (I do not use G00gle.)

·
2015 328x
1,653 Posts

Plagiarism as faked erudition.

It is best to skip his posts.

On topic: I use and am impressed with Griot's Spray-On Wax, click.

I will leave it to others to Google the ingredients. :)
Would not have been too bad if the correct chemical to product was used to support his argument.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,551 Posts
You guys are too harsh. Doug's not a troll - he's just "out there". Much of what he posts on other forums (like Off Topic) is actually incredibly funny - even if it takes an hour for us mere mortals to get what he meant.

Dougie really IS smarter than the average bear. He makes Taylor Mason look like a moron. There are times I suspect that Dougie is not just "on" the spectrum, he IS the spectrum. And unlike a lot of members here, a discussion with Dougie is never boring.

Besides, I understand he's an excellent driver...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts