Bimmerfest BMW banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Y'all trollin '....!
All I use is H2o and some C17H25CooNa for years on all our cars. This is 25 year old black paint on one of Bavarias finest. Once a year before summer she'll be treated to a wax/polish.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
Whoops, Now you're just coming across as a bit of a d*ck.
LOL Doug. LOL Pete too, now that I think about it.

I read somewhere on the Internet, so it must be true, that there is no such thing as 100% carnumba wax. If it was, it would be a solid block and unusable. You have to dissolve it in solvents, and so really (my hypothesis) it's the composition of the solvents and other ingredients that differentiate the different varieties.

Look at me and the big words! :yikes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
So.....off topic....but what seems an excellent opportunity to satisfy "inquiring minds"......

Doug,

Is a zebra a white horse with black stripes, or a black horse with white stripes?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,436 Posts
So.....off topic....but what seems an excellent opportunity to satisfy "inquiring minds"......Doug, Is a zebra a white horse with black stripes, or a black horse with white stripes?
Black with white stripes.

Horns, Tusks, and Flippers: The Evolution of Hoofed Mammals. (2003, JHU) by D. R. Prothero and R. M. Schoch (ISBN 978-0801871351)

https://www.amazon.com/Horns-Tusks-Flippers-Evolution-Mammals/dp/0801871352

My undergraduate tutor was a geneticist whose thesis was on chimerism in cats; which cats have evenly divided two color noses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
LOL Doug. LOL Pete too, now that I think about it.

I read somewhere on the Internet, so it must be true, that there is no such thing as 100% carnumba wax. If it was, it would be a solid block and unusable. You have to dissolve it in solvents, and so really (my hypothesis) it's the composition of the solvents and other ingredients that differentiate the different varieties.

Look at me and the big words! :yikes:
BeemerGuy, You are absolutely "Correct".. I believe i read that somewhere on the Internet also. LOL.
Love your Mine, Hers and Ours. With my gratefully now "Ex-Wife" Everything was "Hers" and nothing was "Mine"... No Joke!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mix 30 mills (2 tablespoons) of Silicone and
2 tablespoons of Polysorbate 20 T solution (Emulsifier) together first.
Then poor into 32 oz (1 quart ) spray bottle then add distilled water.
Shake vigorously for 1 minute then away you go.
Polysorbate 20 T solution can be purchased at Walmart for $6.49
Awesome!
Thank you!

For anyone else looking for the components of this magic elixir, this is what I came up with:

MicroLubrol 200 PDMS Silicon
https://smile.amazon.com/MicroLubrol-Silicone-Polydimethylsiloxane-centistokes-viscosity/dp/B00ZM36ER8/

Polysorbate 20 T solution Emulsifier
https://smile.amazon.com/Bottles-Polysorbate-FOOD-GRADE-KOSHER/dp/B01FY3GZU6/

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a good price for the Polysorbate, Two 4oz bottles on Amazon plus shipping.Walmart just down the street for me. Two 4oz bottles will last you a very long time!!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts