• other, specified below

Votes: 14 20.6%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

without playing favorite, what do you think is presently the best car out there .. in terms of pure fun to drive, and best overall ownership experience, e.g. considering fuel efficiency etc)

Cayenne has poor efficiency.

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
Infiniti QX56. Except fuel efficiency sucks, but man, what a NICE vehicle. I got one for my wife a few months ago and she says it is by far the nicest car she has ever had. She came from an Imola Red 4.4 X5.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Out of the above, I would have to say the X5. But I must say that my current favorite, although not quite in the same class, is the new Audi Q5. Drove it today and really loved that car. It's competition is the X3, and I have to say BMW has a lot of work ahead of them to compare to the Q5. No questions, if I had to choose between the X3 and Q5, it would be the Audi all the way.

Sorry, I digress. I know that wasn't the question.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Infiniti QX56. Except fuel efficiency sucks, but man, what a NICE vehicle. I got one for my wife a few months ago and she says it is by far the nicest car she has ever had. She came from an Imola Red 4.4 X5.
Nice, other than the fact that it is just a Nissan Armada with an Infiniti badge. (sorry, couldn't resist). But there is a reason that they have discontinued this model. It won't be returning next year. But for as big as it is, it is a nice truck.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I just bought a 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser and we absolutely love it. I researched SUV's for almost a year, including the X5, but for us the LC was the best vehicle. It all comes down to your needs. We wanted a large SUV with a decent 3rd row seat (that excluded the X5 right away) and wanted something that had offroad capability and lots of creature comforts (Keyless entry, Keyless Start, Remote Start, Bluetooth, NAV, Entertainment, great A/C in all 3 rows for the Arizona heat, etc.). Combine all that with Toyota reliability and we were sold. I wasn't looking for "bling" so the understated exterior that doesn't scream "look at me" was perfect for us. It's a true go-anywhere, luxury SUV that educated consumers recognize without having to be blinded by a ton of chrome coming at them.

I briefly entertained the Lexus LX570 but couldn't justify the additional $10-15K over the LC for a few additional Lexus creature comforts and 1 additional year of warranty.

I also like that the Land Cruiser is not a mass market vehicle. Most dealers only keep 2 or 3 at most on the lot and there are never incentives on them, resale value is great.

So far, so good. I think we made the right choice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I like the new Buick SUV. Great interior, lots of room, nicely appointed and superb fuel economy for a large SUV. Surprising performance from the retuned V6 as well. I realize that a domestic car/truck is not popular here but have to say that all the domestics I have owned throughout the years have been more reliable than the foreign iron. None have left me stranded over the years. Were they the Ultimate Driving Machine? No, although the '64 'vette with the 327 came really close!

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
Nice, other than the fact that it is just a Nissan Armada with an Infiniti badge. (sorry, couldn't resist). But there is a reason that they have discontinued this model. It won't be returning next year. But for as big as it is, it is a nice truck.
Oh I know that...but that extra luxury and gadgets are well worth the premium in my opinion. I didn't know that it was being completely discontinued...I thought they were just going through a make-over?

·
Don't worry, be happy
11,616 Posts
I like the new Buick SUV. Great interior, lots of room, nicely appointed and superb fuel economy for a large SUV. Surprising performance from the retuned V6 as well. I realize that a domestic car/truck is not popular here but have to say that all the domestics I have owned throughout the years have been more reliable than the foreign iron. None have left me stranded over the years. Were they the Ultimate Driving Machine? No, although the '64 'vette with the 327 came really close!
Great SUV. Suprisingly roomy. Buick did a VERY nice job with it. It actually was on our short list until we test drove the Infiniti.

·
Fight On!
1,559 Posts
I can't believe I am the first one to say Cayenne is the best SUV if cost is no object.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Oh I know that...but that extra luxury and gadgets are well worth the premium in my opinion. I didn't know that it was being completely discontinued...I thought they were just going through a make-over?
Nope. Unfortunately, it is being completely discontinued. Too bad as it served a great purpose. I heard they may come back with a new QX eventually, but it will be more in the crossover style.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
To the Land Cruiser Guy,

Does the Toyota feel like a giant marsh mellow compared to the sharp handling of the ol x5? I bet it does. I tested the GX and couldn't wait to get out of the mash mellow. It was the most nauseating experience in the driver seat ever. Vomiting sound effects............

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
BTW, my choice is either the Range Super Charged or the Cayenne Magnum.

·
Can has cheezburger
2,081 Posts
Last year, we looked at a new car for my wife as hers was coming up on the 100k mark (resulting in several thousand dollars of service).

We drove each of those cars as well as the MDX (she drives an 04 MDX right now), the Q7, and the Navigator. Hands down her favorite was the Cayenne and I preferred the X5 by a slim margin because the Cayenne's Navigation system was awful (yes - iDrive looked good next to it).

I really like the Q7 (we drove one for two weeks on vacation last year). Would have bought either the Cayenne, X5, or Q7, but she decided to stick with the MDX for another year rather than pick up a new car payment.

·
Registered
820 Posts
To the Land Cruiser Guy,

Does the Toyota feel like a giant marsh mellow compared to the sharp handling of the ol x5? I bet it does. I tested the GX and couldn't wait to get out of the mash mellow. It was the most nauseating experience in the driver seat ever. Vomiting sound effects............
Felt like a mash mellow? Or a marshmallow?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cayenne GTS & Turbo look really great:thumbup: while Cayenne's below GTS look not quite right though... IMO.:confused:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Q7 Audi :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts