BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2010 528 with 40 k on the odometer. Nav, cold weather, etc. Is Bentley the best non oem manual on the market. When I owned a 1990 740 I was able to purchase the actual dealer manuals on CD's. I was able to bring up fault codes without OBD and no I dont have the CD's any longer. Does anyone have a link to a free manual, that isnt in Portuguese, or even better access to a dealer tech manual. The only free downloadable Bentley I was able to find is in Portuguese, on Pirate Bay.

Thanks

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Just got my 2010 528 with 40 k on the odometer. Nav, cold weather, etc. Is Bentley the best non oem manual on the market. When I owned a 1990 740 I was able to purchase the actual dealer manuals on CD's. I was able to bring up fault codes without OBD and no I dont have the CD's any longer. Does anyone have a link to a free manual, that isnt in Portuguese, or even better access to a dealer tech manual. The only free downloadable Bentley I was able to find is in Portuguese, on Pirate Bay.

Thanks
Definitely pony up the $100 for the Bentley manual. Well worth it.
Have to admit I didn't do an exhaustive search of what else is available, but the Bentley manual does the job.

That being said, I am always on the lookout for DIY procedures offered by members as there are many tips and tricks that make the job easier. I convert the good ones to a PDF and store it for future reference. After all, I own a 545i. If I own the car long enough I expect to have touched 50% of the car with new parts (OK I'm exaggerating, but just barely).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.