Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the best shine with a good gloss (not TOO much... but not matte), durability, and NO SLING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Any thoughts?

20,210 Posts
Meguiar's Endurance Gel is far and away the best. Do a search on this board for all the rave reviews it's gotten.

(I use Eagle One tire cleaner followed by Meguiar's Endurance and get great results.)

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I have been using Meguiar's Natural Shine (?) and it is good if you don't want your tires to look like polished paint. It has a higher viscosity than most (but not all) other 'rubber dressing' products, but it isn't nearly as viscous as Endurance. There is no sling if you let it sit for about an hour after applying it before you hit the streets. Otherwise your best bet would probably be Endurance. You can get either product just about anywhere... I've even seen them at Wal-Mart and Target.

Griots rubber cleaner is also good to use before putting dressing on. Lots of people put dressing on dirty or untreated tires and it just doesn't look the same.

I used STP's 'Son of a Gun' rubber treatment for a long time and I really liked the way tires looked after using it, but I don't think it's available anymore. I've been looking for 303 but I don't think there are any retailers that carry it around here (?), so I guess I'll have to buy it online. It has had many good reviews as well...

Good luck,

--SONET

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
atyclb said:
Meguiar's Endurance Gel is far and away the best. Do a search on this board for all the rave reviews it's gotten.

(I use Eagle One tire cleaner followed by Meguiar's Endurance and get great results.)
I second that... Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance's the best!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
NO tire shine for me....

I would rather not put a slick layer of gel on my sidewalls and outside tread :dunno:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Eagle one. I'm using it for a while and am very happy with it.

·
M Mad
10,479 Posts
nate328Ci said:
NO tire shine for me....

I would rather not put a slick layer of gel on my sidewalls and outside tread :dunno:
Except it may protect the rubber and prevent other problems also. But if your tires don't last that long anyway. :)

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Meguiar's

I'll add to the list of people that like the Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Gel. Gives the tires a nice looking finish, no 'sling' that I'm aware of if applied properly and long lasting. I have some sample sizes that I hand out to the neighbors with their vettes and what not and they always come back impressed. :)

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Pinecone said:

Except it may protect the rubber and prevent other problems also. But if your tires don't last that long anyway. :)
I don't really think that it protects the rubber :dunno:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I don't really think that it protects the rubber :dunno:
Vinyl and rubber protectants like Vinylex or 303 protects the rubber, but not all tire shines.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Vinyl and rubber protectants like Vinylex or 303 protects the rubber, but not all tire shines.
I have acutally heard that tire shine is BAD for the tires :dunno:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
nate328Ci said:
I have acutally heard that tire shine is BAD for the tires :dunno:
it depends on the brand. Good quality has its price of course.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Armor All has a bad reputation for cracking the tire sidewalls (at least the old stuff did). I remember stuff in the Meguiar's literature or website about tires turning brown due to reaction with the atmosphere and ozone. I'd have to check the info again, but supposedly their product helps reduce that reaction.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Meguiars Endurance... it lasts through the rain up here for a couple weeks at a time. If you put on 1 coat it's shiny but not excessively... more coats adds gloss. It does not sling 'cuz it's kind of a wax... I've even had it on my tires at the track with no problem.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have been using Meguiar's Natural Shine (?) and it is good if you don't want your tires to look like polished paint. It has a higher viscosity than most (but not all) other 'rubber dressing' products, but it isn't nearly as viscous as Endurance. There is no sling if you let it sit for about an hour after applying it before you hit the streets. Otherwise your best bet would probably be Endurance. You can get either product just about anywhere... I've even seen them at Wal-Mart and Target.

. . .

--SONET
For years I've used "Natural Shine," once known as "Clean, Shine, and Protect." At the $2.00 DIY car wash I spray the wheels and tires with a cleaning spray like Simple Green, rinse everything, dry the wheels, and wax-as-you-dry the rest of the car. Then the Natural Shine goes on the tires. There's some sheen, but not much, and I've never known the stuff to sling anywhere else.

You can also use it on interior vinyl and on black rubber exterior pieces.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts