BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where a list of "The Best/Top" car washes would be? I travel around L.A. and try different car washes and so far I found two I really like. One is located in West Hollywood called Santa Palms car wash. It seems to be the most through inside the automated unit. I was amazed how many sprayers they use during the car's journey down their system. On the other hand, I like the Topanga car wash in Woodland Hills. When they dry your car they use compressed air to get the water out of the tight spots. I like that so there's no water run off when you leave.

Let me know what you guys think. :p

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I think I don't use car washes. :D

dj

·
pc335diesel
156 Posts
I like the ones with the conveyor belts, they are safe for rims, or seem to be. They also place the "tire shine" on your tires. They cost a lot though, the one I'm thinking of in Columbia, sc cost about 10 dollars. But vacuuming is included in the price.

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the ones with the conveyor belts, they are safe for rims, or seem to be. They also place the "tire shine" on your tires. They cost a lot though, the one I'm thinking of in Columbia, sc cost about 10 dollars. But vacuuming is included in the price.
Is $10.00 just for the "tire shine" or the whole car wash? A basic car wash starts at $11.99 and can go to $16.99 if you get the (Armor All) for your tires.

There's a car wash in Encino which is $7.99 All Day Any Day, but the service sucks and they take forever. I've gone there a few times and they are so under staffed that I get water marks when they pull my car out of the conveyor belt unit and leave it for one of the guys to work on. :(

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Does anyone know where a list of "The Best/Top" car washes would be? I travel around L.A. and try different car washes and so far I found two I really like. One is located in West Hollywood called Santa Palms car wash. It seems to be the most through inside the automated unit. I was amazed how many sprayers they use during the car's journey down their system. On the other hand, I like the Topanga car wash in Woodland Hills. When they dry your car they use compressed air to get the water out of the tight spots. I like that so there's no water run off when you leave.

Let me know what you guys think. :p
I use this one - hand wash
Ventura West Car Wash
22517 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 225-7017

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use this one - hand wash
Ventura West Car Wash
22517 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 225-7017
Are you happy with them? I tried them a few years ago and wasn't really impressed.

Thx.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Are you happy with them? I tried them a few years ago and wasn't really impressed.

Thx.
They all the same, I try one on Topanga and was not impress at all. Right across Topanga - car wash on 76 gas station - before use them all the time. After get bimmer for last 2 yr use car wash on Ventura.
P.S. Liked car wash on Curson and Santa Monica in W.Hollywood - but with this price for gas who will drive from Valley to WH?

·
Officially Welcomed
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They all the same, I try one on Topanga and was not impress at all. Right across Topanga - car wash on 76 gas station - before use them all the time. After get bimmer for last 2 yr use car wash on Ventura.
P.S. Liked car wash on Curson and Santa Monica in W.Hollywood - but with this price for gas who will drive from Valley to WH?
True, but if I'm in the area and I need a car wash, I'll use it. I'll try the one on Curson next time. Thanks:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts