BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I'm in the market for a used bmw under 10k. The main things I'm concerned about are reliability and what to look for. I've been reading and I think my best bet is a 335i, but I'm pretty new to the car world and have never owned a bmw.

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
887 Posts
Your best bet is not a 335 for reliability.
I’d look into an N52k with good records of maintenance and repairs.

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
887 Posts
E90 328xi or 328i. Try and get 2010 or 2011

I’m sure others have ideas as well but I personally would avoid 335 N54 if reliability is what your after.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,335 Posts
It has been said there is nothing more expensive than a cheap BMW.

Many in the E46 forum will tell you no matter what the purchase price is to expect the actual cost to be $10k ($4k purchase needs $6k of work). The older and cheaper the car...suspension, tie rods, CV's, tires, brakes, gaskets, seals, cooling system, etc. If you are not a mechanic or at least willing to learn a bit shop prices are going to drain you.

As the owner of multiple xdrive E46's (all M54) and a 2008 335xi (N54) I have to agree with the above and say get an E9x 328i and I'll add get a manual transmission. Unless you really need it avoid xdrive, added weight and it gets in the way for a lot of work on the front end typically not worth it.

Posted through Tapatalk downloaded to my neural implant

Reactions: HotGrbg

·
Registered
34 Posts
The 2011 528i F10 also has the N52 engine (non turbo) that was only offered for one year in this model. It also has the ZF 8 speed automatic transmission that is an added plus imo...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts