BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
N54
3,427 Posts
"Best" meaning best in what? Best in performance, handling and grip? Best in comfort? Best in longevity? Best in the dry? Best in the wet? In very light snow? You cannot have it all in one tire. Pick your priorities. Then start at TireRack tests and reviews to narrow down.

·
Grand Poobah
108 Posts
I have staggered 18" wheels with summer tires, 17" matching ones with winter (snow) tires.
In the summer, grip and traction as well as performance in the wet are my top priorities, with longevity and noise much less of a consideration.
Check out tirerack.com and read some of the specs and reviews for tires in your size and price range.

·
BMWCCA 149159
2,876 Posts
My guess is that you have 17's now?
Most likely the RFT Conti's SSR?
You need to also decide run flats or no run flats.
I checked before I bought my Michelin Pilot Sport A/S and the Conti's run one pound heavier. I have 36,000 miles on the Conti's and none are to the 4/32" wear bars yet.
Maybe one more trip on the Conti's but they do run smooth except for any pot holes where they transmit way too much energy because of the ultra stiff side wall.

I am converting because I know what to expect from the Michelin's but Tire Rack has a good write up on a lot of tires. Be sure to read the customer comments too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.