BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! :wave: I'm a little late to introduce myself. [I'm about to hit my 100th post.. heheh]

I've been a long time Bimmer owner and fan. As you can tell by my signature, I've owned a few over the years. My first was a beautiful black with tan interior 528e I first purchased back in 1990.

Right now I'm in love with my recent acquisition; a beautiful Silver 97 528i. I've owned it for approximately 2 months now and already I've put 3000 miles on it. :D

Mods include:
17 inch BBS Composite Style 19 wheels
Bilstein Sport shocks and struts
Eibach Pro springs
Hella Euro clear taillights and side marker lights
K&N filter in stock air box
Air box muffler and intake silencer delete.
Bosch Platinum 4 plugs ...OK, not a real mod.

Possible future mods include:
M5 Rear sway bar
Tranny and ECU Software upgrades
Cat-back muffler
Window Tint
Hella Euro clear turn signals.
ICE MP3 integration

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,298 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi: You have been officially welcomed to The 'Fest. :thumbup: You should wait on the ICE mp3 mod. BMW is coming out with the second generation iPod adaptor sometime this month. Your ride look nice. :thumbup:

·
Dragon Master of TEXAS!
876 Posts
Welcome to the 'FEST! :banana:
Glad to have you join us! :drive:
I too was an lllooonnnggg time poster before posting this thread. nice rides you have there!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why thank you gentlemen! Glad to be part of the gang! HEY... BTW, this happens to be my 100th post!! WOOOHOOO! I'm somebody!

OH yeah, I forgot to mention on my mod list, M5 Grill and one more addition for future mods: //MTechnik Front Spoiler.

Thanks again!... uh.. so do I win a prize or something for making 100 posts? heheh :D

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
VCOUI said:
Possible future mods include:
M5 Rear sway bar
Tranny and ECU Software upgrades
Cat-back muffler
Window Tint
Hella Euro clear turn signals.
ICE MP3 integration
There will be no 2nd Generation iPod kit from BMW for non-iDrive cars (e39 for example). What type of MP3 player do you want to integrate with your 5er?

·
8,298 Posts
tom @ eas said:
There will be no 2nd Generation iPod kit from BMW for non-iDrive cars (e39 for example). What type of MP3 player do you want to integrate with your 5er?
Tom,

I beg to differ. Please visit the following link and click on the "compatability" link.
http://www.ipodyourbmw.com/

It states that 2002+ 5,6,7 series will work in lieu of the CD changer. There won't be one for pre-2002 e39.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
firehire said:
Tom,

I beg to differ. Please visit the following link and click on the "compatability" link.
http://www.ipodyourbmw.com/

It states that 2002+ 5,6,7 series will work in lieu of the CD changer. There won't be one for pre-2002 e39.
I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. The "new" iPod your BMW kit will be for 2003+ models only in the 5-series configuration (as well as other iDrive models). The current BMW offering or the DICE will not allow for both the iPod and the CD Changer to co-exist since they are emulating the same devices.

·
8,298 Posts
tom @ eas said:
I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make. The "new" iPod your BMW kit will be for 2003+ models only in the 5-series configuration (as well as other iDrive models). The current BMW offering or the DICE will not allow for both the iPod and the CD Changer to co-exist since they are emulating the same devices.
Tom,

No disrespect, but the 2nd gen iPod will work in 2002 or newer models. I have a 2003 530i w/DICE w/no iDrive. Yes, you are correct in that I cannot hook up a CD changer as the DICE is working in its place. I was not aware that the DICE would not work in anything older than a 2003. :dunno:

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
firehire said:
Tom,

No disrespect, but the 2nd gen iPod will work in 2002 or newer models. I have a 2003 530i w/DICE w/no iDrive. Yes, you are correct in that I cannot hook up a CD changer as the DICE is working in its place. I was not aware that the DICE would not work in anything older than a 2003. :dunno:
Ok - I see where the miscommunication lies. In sense, we are both correct. :beerchug:

The "2nd Generation" iPod interface I'm referring to is the one coming in late July/Aug for the 2004+ 5-series. The "2nd Generation" (unofficially named) interface you are referring to is the NAV-compatible (still no text display) that BMW squeeked out back in Feb of this year.

The DICE will work on the 5-series from as far back as 1997 and up to 2003 models, and is compatible with Business Cassette/CD and NAV applications, and models equipped with DSP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts