BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Underway on Nuclear Power
1,131 Posts
Gary:

I just heard from Bart, one of your compatriots at Tirerack. I will look at the Dunlop tires you recommended. After talking to the service manager at my BMW dealer today however, I'm not sure tires will solve the problem, at least in the long run. He said the suspension for the Z4 is purposely set to provide great performance (i.e., it's going to be "twitchy" no matter what). I may have to give in and sell the thing--at least it's almost spring here so I won't have to wait too long . . .
I replaced the RFT's on my wife's 2003 Z4 Roadster with a set of General UHP's from TireRack and 95% of the tramlining was gone and the car is a dream to drive. Even my wife noticed a big improvement.

Your Dealer is shining you on since he really does not know or does not want to do anything.

If I used his reasoning, you could say my Z4M Coupe should be so twitchy that it should be undriveable, but it is rock steady... but that car comes with non-RFT's from the factory...

You also may want to check the alignment. That could also be a factor.

Before you ask, yes, we do have two Z4's......... :thumbup:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.