BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read posts saying to clean all the wheel speed sensors and sprockets on the hubs when the DSC and yellow BRAKE lights come on. I did so on my 2004 330i. I also tried to reset the codes by removing the positive battery cable for 15 minutes. Neither worked on removing the 2 lights from my dash. Any more ideas? Also, when I had my passenger front wheel removed I noticed a linkage that was wired into the wheel speed sensor black box. It was not mechanically connected to anything but there is a ball knuckle joint close by attached to my wheel frame. I tried to pull the linkage over towards it but it was A. too short and B. not orientated the right way to clip on. Any clue as to what that is for? A little history; The two lights came on several times. Several times I was able to reset them by pulling over and turning the car off and restarting it. It has gotten to the point of where they do not reset. Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is my story to the T, except the part of the linkage with my '05 325. I also changed out the brake pad sensors LF/RR since they came with the car when I bought it. From all the reading I've done, I'm gonna go and get the codes read when I get back from my trip. It's must be a bad sensor or module. We shall see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.