BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

HELLO my name is Kris,

im 17 years old and have had 3 cars this being my 4th i have has turbo honda civic of a 30psibult eclipse gsx to rx7 turbo to now bmw

i have good amount of knowledge for what i do, i need your help to VERIFY what i have and common problems and things i should do and or check.

Again i dont know any common problems or identification of bmw's parts engine etc heirs my car and description let me know WHAT I HAVE , IS TRUE, and HOW TO TEST IT,
il be taking turbo kit off re building everything and doing it Thanks kris

1987 bmw 325i cabri
all re-built restored all new interior etc

THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD !

1990 m block with je pistons it was a 2.5 m block then bored out to 2.7L
2.7L head SS racing valves and springs.
tranny m3 getrag from m3 + rearend.
m3 outside and in tank fuel pump
m3 cam shaft
m3 injectors
some weird fuel adjustment valve
custom turbo kit
m3 racing exhaust
please tell me how to identify this ?
and what u tihnk car is worth ? i preety much payed 4.800$ for it ??

HERES A VIDEO WITH FOOTAGE AND PICTURES !!!

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
needs plastic bumpers. the dbs just dont kick it with the intercooler just out there.

but year is about right due to the dbs, as of the 2.7 stroker thats alittle iffy due to the 2.7 eta was the stock motor. but he could of done a seta with a turbo (due to the 2.7l head). all that m3 jibberish, just normal bosch components, he was just trying to make it seem more special.

·
Registered
174 Posts
what do you mean by M block all of the "M" E30's had a four cylindar engine not the 2.5L and if i am not mistaken the 2.7L head is not as good as the 2.5 head

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is a L6 6 cylinder he said its got a m3 block and he said thats a 2.7 head ? by taking valve cover of i can c everything is like new, and eh said je pistons ? im not sure idk what is it stock engine re built ? or what engine/block is it ? he said m3 block and 2.7 head ?

and i think i will put front lip on and pint the intercooelr black.

but so how to verity what engine ? and block ? and does anything make sense ?

also what ecu or computer ?

right before the fuel pres theirs a valve manual ??

what management can i use ? and tips or things i should check ?

·
livin large
7,557 Posts
Well this is a L6 6 cylinder he said its got a m3 block and he said thats a 2.7 head ? by taking valve cover of i can c everything is like new, and eh said je pistons ? im not sure idk what is it stock engine re built ? or what engine/block is it ? he said m3 block and 2.7 head ?

and i think i will put front lip on and pint the intercooelr black.

but so how to verity what engine ? and block ? and does anything make sense ?

also what ecu or computer ?

right before the fuel pres theirs a valve manual ??

what management can i use ? and tips or things i should check ?
if its an i6, its not an m. most likely its a 2.5l block with the 2.7 seta head

do not paint the intercooler black. you will insulate the fins, which hold in more heat, loss of power and bad juju for engine components

no nothing makes sense. we will wait for steve to make the final burn

ecu is most likely stock with a chip added

huh?

fuel management- stand alone. it tends to keep the af ratio the closest.

·
search is your friend
535 Posts
:thumbdwn:

Personally I think you overpayed for some one elses problems...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i don't think so as everythign else is done right and brand spanking new interior all new form dash to panels and suspension etc just trying to figure some **** out u know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh and suspension is 5 lug/?

also the fuel pressure regulator that 1 side is gass other side is vacuum right before that he has a metal valve ? that if set worng car idels and dies ? what suppose ot be there >

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh and suspension is 5 lug/?

also the fuel pressure regulator that 1 side is gass other side is vacuum right before that he has a metal valve ? that if set worng car idels and dies ? what suppose ot be there >

·
610EUROs
6,955 Posts
4800 is alot .. for a car that you know little about. the seller lied to you about a ton of parts. id be willing to be my bottom dollar that he lied about it bieng fully rebuilt and all that bs

4 cars at 17yo ? are you crashing these cars ? do mommy and daddy have big pockets ?

·
search is your friend
535 Posts
i don't think so as everythign else is done right and brand spanking new interior all new form dash to panels and suspension etc just trying to figure some **** out u know.
Oh its cool the interior and everything is new and done right its just my engine thats all shotty and effed up. The seller only lied about almost every aspect of the car no biggie.
Not like that stuff is important anyways. :eeps:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i started with building a civic 94 from bottom up with grandfather worked since 15 im from poland btw, and now im in illinois near wisconsin, anywase built it gorudn up and sold it for 7k bought a ar sold bought sold an dtraded my eagle talon for this.

dont u think its expensive to get it to conditon its in ?
iint it pretey mint for what it is ?

i looked throught pictures and havent seen 1 cloe to having all new interior like this on ?

and he had recipts for pistons and valves.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
4800 well spent......NOT. car looks horrible. retarded ///M badge, and you are just as much of a fool as the previous owner was. ask questions before you jump on ****, i've learned that the hard way. ifyou would have come on here, stated what the car was and what the previous owner told you, everyone here would have said no don't buy it. like one said, e30 m3 is a 4 cyl, no way in hell a 4 cyl head is going on a 6 cyl block.

EDIT: did i say get rid of the ///M badge? can't stress that enough, easiest thing to get rid of on that car...besides driving it to a junkyard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok well thanks for bashing i dont c a nice all new done out e30 on here do u ? just few engine things to figure out thanks.

·
dream chasin'
1,855 Posts
ok well thanks for bashing i dont c a nice all new done out e30 on here do u ? just few engine things to figure out thanks.
*cough*fcsteves sig*cough* and what you see in his sig, means nothing to what he has...full legit gc coilover setup, 5 lug,3 piece (duh) BBS RS', style 4's, 2 piece(duhx2) style 19s. and 2 m50s in his garage...one is mine though. =D, i'm forgetting a few things..

P.S. woot 3 posts in like 5 min

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow thats why the e0forum told me not to go here bunch of dickheads and asshoooles,

wow mabey u dont liek color etc but we sure as hell know its mint condtion all new inside and out, and mabey he was talking about the new m not e30 there was a l6 m right ?

if not u coudl fo told me , thanks alot

1 - 20 of 97 Posts