BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tightrope walking
9,559 Posts
I haven't been able to find any firm answers . . . . does anyone know if Brembo's will fit with the OE wheels?
Which Brembo's?

I'd think not.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brembo makes lots of brakes for many different applications, so they likely do make one that fits. Then the question comes down to whether the expense of buying a system that fits within the OEM wheels is worth the cost vs. bigger brakes that require larger wheels.

·
DO IT YOURSELF.
1,297 Posts
Someone makes a kit that fits the stock wheels (Wilwood?), but I don't recall the rotors being much larger than stock, just that the calipers are different. I think DWM has this setup on his roadster.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Someone makes a kit that fits the stock wheels (Wilwood?), but I don't recall the rotors being much larger than stock, just that the calipers are different. I think DWM has this setup on his roadster.
My setup is the UUC setup. Wilwood Superlite 6-piston billet in the front, Wilwood Superlite forged 4-piston calipers in the rear. Uses BMW rotors (though not the ones for our cars), which are inexpensive and readily available.

If I were doing it again today, I'd use Wilwood's 140-8797 kit in the front. The radial mount is more rigid than the UUC mount and doesn't require cutting away a bunch of backing plate. Or I'd go with Alcon using the BMW motorsport rotors. StopTech is a great choice too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't been able to find any firm answers . . . . does anyone know if Brembo's will fit with the OE wheels?
Which factory wheels do you have?

We offer a 332x32mm (13.1") 4-piston kit that works with a # of 17" or larger wheels.
I have had a few customers who have used this kit with OEM 17's and a small spacer.
The plus side to the spacer is that you also widen your track and fill in the fender.
Make sure the spacer is both hubcentric and wheelcentric and you will be fine.

If you need help checking or measuring a wheel feel free to contact me directly.

Gary C.
888.Brembo.8 (ext.118)
or
[email protected]

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's really creepy how you guys always know when brembo is being discussed immediately on pretty much every forum. Even in random threads that have nothing to do with brembo but where it gets mentioned. Not that its a bad thing, just creepy.

·
Officially Weird
1,637 Posts
It's really creepy how you guys always know when brembo is being discussed immediately on pretty much every forum. Even in random threads that have nothing to do with brembo but where it gets mentioned. Not that its a bad thing, just creepy.
They're watching you right now! :yikes: :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which factory wheels do you have?

We offer a 332x32mm (13.1") 4-piston kit that works with a # of 17" or larger wheels.
I have had a few customers who have used this kit with OEM 17's and a small spacer.
The plus side to the spacer is that you also widen your track and fill in the fender.
Make sure the spacer is both hubcentric and wheelcentric and you will be fine.

If you need help checking or measuring a wheel feel free to contact me directly.

Gary C.
888.Brembo.8 (ext.118)
or
[email protected]
Gary, thanks. I have the factory 2K MRoady wheels. I'm planning to powder coat them (since the clear has flaked off and they look rough, good at 10 ft. but rough up close). Tuner Motorsports had a limited quantity of GTR's (gold calipers with red lettering) and I was seriously considering springing for them but didn't know if they fit.

I have a few other questions but I'll email you directly.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts