BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a hitch mounted bike rack? I'll be getting rid of my Cherokee Sport for the 325 and would still like some way to carry my bike around. I searched and found a post where someone mentioned a hitch mount, but never saw responses as to if anyone actually has it installed. Pictures?? I don't want a roof mount, and I'm afraid a trunk mount will scratch the paint. :yikes: Does anyone have any info? Thanks:)

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Case said:
Does anyone have a hitch mounted bike rack? I'll be getting rid of my Cherokee Sport for the 325 and would still like some way to carry my bike around. I searched and found a post where someone mentioned a hitch mount, but never saw responses as to if anyone actually has it installed. Pictures?? I don't want a roof mount, and I'm afraid a trunk mount will scratch the paint. :yikes: Does anyone have any info? Thanks:)
As long as you just have one bike, it will fit into the back of the 325Ci without a problem if you fold the seats and remove the front wheel. That's what I used to do with mine, and it's far better than any rack; no security or weather hassles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Bike Rack Options?

JST said:

As long as you just have one bike, it will fit into the back of the 325Ci without a problem if you fold the seats and remove the front wheel. That's what I used to do with mine, and it's far better than any rack; no security or weather hassles.
That would work except the wife likes to tag along, so I'll need to transport two bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts