BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I have acquired a rather slammed 1999 328is. While it's ride character is great as is, I would prefer to get it to a more stock configuration.

The previous owner currently has a Bilstein PSS coilover system on it, but looks like it was made for a different car. I cannot adjust it any higher.

Are there any suggestions as to what the best kit is in a German manufacturer? Will the HD (heavy duty) series Bilstein put it in the stock stance? I am afraid the TC (touring class) set will set the car in the 328i sedan ride height, which I do NOT want. The SP (sport) might put me in the same position where I am now. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

By the way, the front tires (16") currently are flush to the wheel wells and the rear tires receed into the rear well by 1 1/4- 1 1/2". I also understand that there was some sort of M-technic(?) package on the car. Again, thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
James- if your going to go away with the coil-overs, eibach makes a great sport spring set that only lowers car .5 to .8 (from stock) which will be much closer to stock but still better sport feel. You can add either bilstein shocks to that or the rest of the eibach shock set. The springs run a little less than $250. The springs will make the difference in the ride height, the shocks will add the needed comfort and support. That combination should raise the ride height to around 1 inch or so above wheel well ride height.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
I have Eibach springs with Koni Yellow shocks. Here are a few pics that may help your decision...

Stock height:

Eibach/Koni setup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts