BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the bimmer & muscle car garaged. Muscle cars can include Tri-5's, AMC's & Fords. I've wondered if (unforeseen) circumstances forced me to move where I only had a 1 car garage. What 2 do? :dunno: OK - so heres the quest: If U had 2 make u'r decision - which 1 stays? Pls respond as follows: a) muscle car stays, b) bimmer stays. Does the car that has 2 go - is it parked on the street - or stored in a secured lot. If a secured lot - just covered w/tarp or locked up?

Fortunately I don't have to make this decision - but if I did - the bimmer goes (not a daily driver) but definetly to a secured, locked storage. :eeps: Finally, c) Y am I even reading this sorryass thread. I must B as lame as this idiot is to let alone respond to his idiotic, irrelevant thread. God - what a retard (both him & me)! :stupid:

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
God I miss my Chevelle

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Find an elderly neighbor who no longer drives, and offer to rent their garage on a monthly basis....sometimes you get lucky....my friend currently pays $25 a month to store his hot rod.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
"Muscle" car??!! What are BMW's then??!! Chop liver "Girly man" car??!!:confused:

My vote is unload that ol' POS Chevy and keep the bimmer.....;)

(....Muscle car??!!... pffsst!!:rolleyes: I'll show you up on your "muscle" car in reverse gear...:p)

just my 2 cents worth...

beewang:bigpimp:

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can always get.......

I love my BMW daily driver (535 XI) but the BMW would go to keep my 1978 TA 6.6 Liter. I can always get another BMW at a fair market price when my luck improved. With the Trans Am, I am up to the mercy of a limited market and a much poorer cost to equity ratio. The BMW sits outside. the t-tops leak on the TA so it is garage kept.

Back in my poor days, I was always able to find a garage to rent for the TA. I once had it in a self storage place for 75 per month. they did not seem to care about the gas/ oil threat.

=-Alpha-=

·
Banned
0 Posts
"Muscle" car??!! What are BMW's then??!! Chop liver "Girly man" car??!!:confused:

My vote is unload that ol' POS Chevy and keep the bimmer.....;)

(....Muscle car??!!... pffsst!!:rolleyes: I'll show you up on your "muscle" car in reverse gear...:p)

just my 2 cents worth...

beewang:bigpimp:
I guess the OP should have used the term "classic" or "collectors". An original Chevelle in rare trim far exceeds the value of your entire collection.

I love my BMW daily driver (535 XI) but the BMW would go to keep my 1978 TA 6.6 Liter. I can always get another BMW at a fair market price when my luck improved. With the Trans Am, I am up to the mercy of a limited market and a much poorer cost to equity ratio. The BMW sits outside. the t-tops leak on the TA so it is garage kept.

Back in my poor days, I was always able to find a garage to rent for the TA. I once had it in a self storage place for 75 per month. they did not seem to care about the gas/ oil threat.

=-Alpha-=
Exactly.

·
M 5875Z
71 Posts
d. Build a bigger garage.

·
Enthusiast
166 Posts
They're aren't making anymore Chevelles. You can always buy another BMW.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
Anyone who is familiar with Barrett-Jackson knows that a nicely restored muscle car goes for CRAZY money....even clapped-out rustbuckets are worth serious money if they`re all original....
Case in point:
Back in the early `90s, a guy I know had a `70 Hemi Cuda....he got an offer of $55,000 for it (pretty good at that time), and he said "OK, but I`m already entered in the SummerNationals at Raceway Park, and I`ll let the car go after that". Cutting to the chase, another participant at the `Nats recognized the Cuda as a famous old Sox & Martin race car with all kinds of records and documentation to tell it`s story....he wound up selling it for around 4 times the original $55,000 offer....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts