BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When coding my 750LI with bimmercode in the performance logo i enter
"m performance" to be displayed in the bottom right corner i get M550d on the display. the car is a 750LI??
any suggestions on what is going on here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
When coding my 750LI with bimmercode in the performance logo i enter
"m performance" to be displayed in the bottom right corner i get M550d on the display. the car is a 750LI??
any suggestions on what is going on here?
What app you using to do that

2009 BMW 750I

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
Make sure that you update the software and get the latest database.

Otherwise, it appears that the coder does not recognize what car it is attached to. You may be better off not messing with that option and sticking with the yes/no questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Otherwise, it appears that the coder does not recognize what car it is attached to. You may be better off not messing with that option and sticking with the yes/no questions.
i dont find an optin to update the app.
it is a yes/no question in the app...:thumbup:

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
When you first open the app, without being linked (Bluetooth or WiFi) to the car and if an update to the BimmerCode app is available, you should see a message popup that an update is available, as shown in the first pic. Another way to check for updates is to open the apps menu (three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the app) and in the new window that appears, select "Update coding data" from the options presented as shown in the second pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you first open the app, without being linked (Bluetooth or WiFi) to the car and if an update to the BimmerCode app is available, you should see a message popup that an update is available, as shown in the first pic. Another way to check for updates is to open the apps menu (three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the app) and in the new window that appears, select "Update coding data" from the options presented as shown in the second pic.
Thanks for the reply. I dont get the promt to update and when I go to the settings page I have all of the options you show in your picture EXCEPT "update coding data" :dunno:

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
I have all of the options you show in your picture EXCEPT "update coding data" :dunno:
That would suggest to me that the BimmerCode app is up to date. When an update is available, it is the first screen that pops up, even before the app connects to the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts