Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 750i that I'm trying to code with bimmercode. Unfortunately my car is CIC so there are not a lot of options (esp want to change boot logo and notification sounds)

Am I screwed because of CIC, or is there a way for me to get those options (eg expert mode, or carly or something)?

Kind regards

Sent from my SM-G955F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
.. what is CIC?
CIC = car information computer

The image below shows the various iterations of the BMW set-ups and their Acronyms:

Attachments

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
Well, now I'm even more confused. Don't all F01/F02 come with a CIC? Why would that be causing the OP an issue? Surely the NBT was standard on all USA market cars in 2012. Probably all markets, if it's a 750i as stated. Of course, the OP may not be in the USA, and since he/she didn't bother to list their location in their profile, I guess we'll never know.

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Well, now I'm even more confused. Don't all F01/F02 come with a CIC? Why would that be causing the OP an issue? Surely the NBT was standard on all USA market cars in 2012. Probably all markets, if it's a 750i as stated. Of course, the OP may not be in the USA, and since he/she didn't bother to list their location in their profile, I guess we'll never know.
From 2008-up they all are actually the CIC...the NBT and EVO nomeclature refers to "upgrades" where some software changes and minor visual or operational changes/upgrades occurred.

The OP may be having issues related to wanting to code something that requires the newer version/evolution of the CIC. A lot of things can change in 7 years in regards to technology (2012-2019). :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts