BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
"California drivers have an "interesting" way of letting you know they wish you to let them pass, they CHARGE you! No horns, flashing headlights, or blinkers they simply come flying up on you, jam on the brakes, and charge back again till you move."

Haus, that is usually a strategy to push a SUV out of the way. :D

But I think the reason that we don't flash headlights is because it is inefective. The guy/gal in front usually ignores or even slows down. Getting close is a way to tell him or her that this is serious.

[Edit:] It looks like it was a fun day. Too bad I wasn't there. :(

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Great job, Doug!!! :D I am glad you had a great time! Come to think of it, we did wake up early for that event... :)

Btw it's switchtronic not shiftronic. :p
Hey, didn't know you and Lin are engaged. Way to go! :)

By the way, ever toy with the idea of actually splicing into the cruise control buttons to use that for the "Shiftronic" buttons? I think it'd be fairly easy for a mechanical engineering genius like you to offer a retrofit kit/button housing that will allow you to shift using the cruise control buttons, and disable the "shiftronic" feature when cruise is activated?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.