BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Bimmerfest Founder
18,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case nobody has noticed, I have integrated the posts from what was the Refugee Lounge into the general X-Series forum. It is my sincere hope that nobody takes offense to this action, as I indicated originally that would be my ultimate goal towards "Bringing The BMW Community Together". You might also notice that I have renamed the old OT forum "Club 'Fest", in the hope of creating a new beginning for everyone here. While I cannot expect everyone to comply with my wish for total integration, I do hope that this will happen. It is entirely your personal choice, however. As far as Freaky Friday is concerned, I will let you the Xers decided were you would like to maintain that tradition. You can keep it in here (the X-Series forum), or post it at the Club. Please be discreet so as to not call a whole lot of attention to it that might upset our sponsors.

Have a great weekend,
--Jon

· Automotive Monomaniac
12,663 Posts
Thanks Jon. Looking forward to the new community. :thumbup:

· Super Moderator
20,971 Posts
Gets my vote. :grouphug:

· Don't worry, be happy
13,356 Posts
Ok, I know I am not alone here. I will save others from looking it up:

One entry found for acculturation.

Main Entry: ac·cul·tur·a·tion
Pronunciation: &-"k&l-ch&-'rA-sh&n, a-
Function: noun
1 : cultural modification of an individual, group, or people by adapting to or borrowing traits from another culture; also : a merging of cultures as a result of prolonged contact
2 : the process by which a human being acquires the culture of a particular society from infancy

:D

· Automotive Monomaniac
12,663 Posts
Awwww.. swords back in their sheaths...

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
To the X people... I welcome the former refugees over there and would love to bury any differences. Feel free to contact me publicly or by PM id there's anything you'd like to address.

I may be an :asshole: (well established Fest Fact, actually), but I'm not a bad guy. :beerchug:

(if someone that isn't on the ignore list of who knows how many how many former refugees want's to quote this just so they see it, I wouldn't mind :eeps: )

· Registered
964 Posts
Whatever's best for the 'Fest... hey, that rhymes! Anyway... I think it's kind of sad to be losing the lounge, but it's probably for the best. It's time to blend together, and mend fences with the people that we've offended, pissed off, etc.. :)

P.S. dsheli has his own little BMW website now, the link is in my signature. Be sure to visit!

· Registered
216 Posts
Well Jon, I cannot speak for all the Refugees, but I for one will no longer make the 'Fest my board of choice. Jon, you've been really cool since we all came over here in mass and I thank you for that. But, a small minority of very vocal putzes with 10,000 plus posts have spoiled it for me.
I would assume that the board contraction was caused by the turmoil that was happening in the Refugee Lounge. Well, I'm pretty sure, if you went back and looked, that nearly all instances were the result of the loud mouth old-timers coming over to the Refugee Lounge and popping off, and almost none of the instances were started when a Refugee Lounge Regular came over to the regular Lounge. I don't wish to play "he started", but if these a-holes, who have no life except bimmerfest, would just learn to live and let live and leave us the hell alone, then there would have been no trouble at all. I don't know what these guys do for a living, but we x5ers generally are too busy with life to read every single post in this forum. You said you would allow the Rufugee Lounge to exist as long as it didn't cause problems. Well, I don't think it caused any problems. I think the people who caused the problems are probably the same ones who probably PMed you 9million times crying about our lounge. The babies didn't get their bottles so the x5ers have to suffer. I understand that there will still be a Lounge. But, to be honest, I don't like most of those people.
Well, I appreciate you trying to make a place for us here at the 'fest. It's just not working out for me.

Jon said:
In case nobody has noticed, I have integrated the posts from what was the Refugee Lounge into the general X-Series forum. It is my sincere hope that nobody takes offense to this action, as I indicated originally that would be my ultimate goal towards "Bringing The BMW Community Together". You might also notice that I have renamed the old OT forum "Club 'Fest", in the hope of creating a new beginning for everyone here. While I cannot expect everyone to comply with my wish for total integration, I do hope that this will happen. It is entirely your personal choice, however. As far as Freaky Friday is concerned, I will let you the Xers decided were you would like to maintain that tradition. You can keep it in here (the X-Series forum), or post it at the Club. Please be discreet so as to not call a whole lot of attention to it that might upset our sponsors.

Have a great weekend,
--Jon

· OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
x5Monkey® said:
Well Jon, I cannot speak for all the Refugees, but I for one will no longer make the 'Fest my board of choice. Jon, you've been really cool since we all came over here in mass and I thank you for that. But, a small minority of very vocal putzes with 10,000 plus posts have spoiled it for me.
I would assume that the board contraction was caused by the turmoil that was happening in the Refugee Lounge. Well, I'm pretty sure, if you went back and looked, that nearly all instances were the result of the loud mouth old-timers coming over to the Refugee Lounge and popping off, and almost none of the instances were started when a Refugee Lounge Regular came over to the regular Lounge. I don't wish to play "he started", but if these a-holes, who have no life except bimmerfest, would just learn to live and let live and leave us the hell alone, then there would have been no trouble at all. I don't know what these guys do for a living, but we x5ers generally are too busy with life to read every single post in this forum. You said you would allow the Rufugee Lounge to exist as long as it didn't cause problems. Well, I don't think it caused any problems. I think the people who caused the problems are probably the same ones who probably PMed you 9million times crying about our lounge. The babies didn't get their bottles so the x5ers have to suffer. I understand that there will still be a Lounge. But, to be honest, I don't like most of those people.
Well, I appreciate you trying to make a place for us here at the 'fest. It's just not working out for me.
To the X people... I welcome the former refugees over there and would love to bury any differences. Feel free to contact me publicly or by PM id there's anything you'd like to address.

I may be an :asshole: (well established Fest Fact, actually), but I'm not a bad guy. :beerchug:

(if someone that isn't on the ignore list of who knows how many how many former refugees want's to quote this just so they see it, I wouldn't mind :eeps: )

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.