BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bimmerfest East. So is anyone in the area going?

I wouldn't mind taking a trip down to NYC. It would give me a chance to visit the fam. Anyone in the Roch/Syracuse area up for a road trip?

I believe there is also going to be a large TO meet sometime in August. I haven't seen any posts from Webguy330i in awhile (I think he's on vacation) and he was heading this up.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm still up in the air about this one. To get there, from where I live in NJ, I will have to drive my car on roads that just are not fit for my baby.

I don't know if I want to show up in my wife's blazer, either.

And, hopefully I'm wrong, but, the web site seems to paint a "rice-fest" kind of picture. I might just stick to "BMW days" at the "Glen" These seem to be a less rice, more performance mod based event.

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
DougDogs said:

And, hopefully I'm wrong, but, the web site seems to paint a "rice-fest" kind of picture.
That's exactly why I am very hesitant to go to bimmerfest east. :dunno:

G

·
DougDogs said:
And, hopefully I'm wrong, but, the web site seems to paint a "rice-fest" kind of picture.
My fear as well. From DC, it's a long trip to end up looking at headlight eyebrows and 19 inch rims and only see 3 or 4 board members. Hell, I see more board members than that at a typical local BMWCCA autox.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

That's exactly why I am very hesitant to go to bimmerfest east. :dunno:
Why don't we just get together on the 19th and have a minifest/golf outing:dunno: :) I could park my car at your sisters:bigpimp: :thumbup:

20,210 Posts
just look at the sponsor:

From what I can tell, Bfest East is definitely more a dtm/e46fanatics event. Even Bimmerfest seemed to be very mod heavy, I imagine Bfest East is much, MUCH more so.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
atyclb said:
just look at the sponsor:

From what I can tell, Bfest East is definitely more a dtm/e46fanatics event. Even Bimmerfest seemed to be very mod heavy, I imagine Bfest East is much, MUCH more so.
Exactly................interested in the golf outing though:dunno: :D

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

Why don't we just get together on the 19th and have a minifest/golf outing:dunno: :) I could park my car at your sisters:bigpimp: :thumbup:
Are you coming down for the DelVal BMWCCA covered bridge rally/drive/picnic on August 18th?

What is the 19th??

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
atyclb said:

Sure, but it's a bit of a long drive :)D ) for me.
That's why the make planes:D

If we con Alee into showing up it would be worth the trip;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

Are you coming down for the DelVal BMWCCA covered bridge rally/drive/picnic on August 18th?
I'm planning on it:thumbup: Any idea who could host me and a few beers on the 17th:p Do you need to register:dunno:

What is the 19th??
It's a Friday coming up in 2 weeks :lmao:

I had that date in mind because it was a day before 'fest east and I knew you were off work. I would be interested in a get together:) Maybe we could line it up with Al too.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
DougDogs said:
I'm still up in the air about this one. To get there, from where I live in NJ, I will have to drive my car on roads that just are not fit for my baby.

I don't know if I want to show up in my wife's blazer, either.

And, hopefully I'm wrong, but, the web site seems to paint a "rice-fest" kind of picture. I might just stick to "BMW days" at the "Glen" This seems to be a less rice, more performance mod based event.
I'm not seeing rice :dunno:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
CCs328Ci said:

I'm not seeing rice :dunno:
Did you look through all of the gallery pages on the site? look at the poster for 2000, or car pictures from other years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm into preformance mods. but, some of those cars are pretty bizarre looking.

Just my opinion, flame suit on

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
atyclb said:
...snip...

Even Bimmerfest seemed to be very mod heavy, I imagine Bfest East is much, MUCH more so.
Bimmerfest West isn't that much of a modder's heaven...It's just that the heavily modded cars "attract" more attention. Out of the entire outing I'd say no more than 10 cars have more modification than my car.

It IS getting more and more mod heavy though, but that's probably just a reflection of the "Euroboy" trend going on on the boards and in general. :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts