BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh grand and glorious Bimmerfest forum gods.... How about this idea:

Add a "new owner" forum for new owners and people who have ordered their cars. That way we can keep the "Whats the beep?" messages off the other forums and keep the peace since some of the folks here get a bit peeved at these kind of posts.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Cowboy said:
just compile a mini-faq and "stick" it to the top of that forum!

make it easy for all the n00bs
Given the fact that most of the questions asked by many of the n00bs can be answered by simply RTFM, I doubt most of them would read it.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If everyone had the sense to RTFM, then we wouldn't have "newbie" questions. To be honest, I think asking questions is a great way to break in to a forum, learn and have fun.

I for one enjoy passing on what was given to me. I think a lot of people here do, and this is what seperates this forum from the rabble.

So I think a newbie forum is a great suggestion, and should be "moderated" by all those willing to lend a hand, and to whom no question is "too stupid to ask".

·
Registered
678 Posts
geomax said:
If everyone had the sense to RTFM, then we wouldn't have "newbie" questions. To be honest, I think asking questions is a great way to break in to a forum, learn and have fun.
I was responding to the suggestion that a link to a FAQ be put into a "sticky" thread for each forum. I have doubts that this would reduce the number of these type of questions. I was saying, IOW, that a new forum would be more effective than a "sticky" thread, not that we shouldn't do anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.