BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
As anybody ever experience a delay at the VPC in Oxnard, California. My car has been there for over two weeks, and as yet been put on a carrier. Some thing about a couple of "work orders" needed to be filled prior to releasing it. Ship had arrived on March 7th, still no car as of yet...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
As anybody ever experience a delay at the VPC in Oxnard, California. My car has been there for over two weeks, and as yet been put on a carrier. Some thing about a couple of "work orders" needed to be filled prior to releasing it. Ship had arrived on March 7th, still no car as of yet...
Did you order any port installed accessories?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
A work order could be to take care of an outstanding recall. A work order could be to repair a scratch they noticed at the VPC. A work order could be to replace an entire bumper because maybe it was damaged in transit and they want to replace it and now they're waiting for a new bumper to arrive so that can paint it and replace the messed up one that is on your car now.

Lots of possibilities. A work order just means it's not finished yet. Ask your client advisor for an explanation after the car arrives at the dealership.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
No port installed accessories. Today, finally got word that the vehicle was released from the VDC and on a carrier to the dealer. It was great tracking the vehicle from production to traveling across the ocean, but once its here (Oxnard,Ca.) I had no means in trying
to find out why the three week delay at the processing center to get it on a carrier. Hopefully, I'll have the car next week ....mine you I had ordered this on November 7, 2015. (almost four months )....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I enjoyed tracking my ED X1 through to Port Neat in New Jersey. Was able to keep pretty close track of it other than the black hole during the few days it was in the deep sea Atlantic.

The last update about 10 days ago from Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics was: "Delivered from (ship) at location New York, NY at 2:30 p.m. on April 13". I have e-mailed my CA and she said there has been no update since then.

I'm curious about this black hole. I have read through the information in this post and others and it sounds like there is really no way to find out what is happening between being delivered from the ship and getting on a truck transport. Has anyone else figured out an alternate way (besides the CA) to get updated information through the Customs/VDC time?

Just a bit anxious to get back in the X1 again:drive::)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I enjoyed tracking my ED X1 through to Port Neat in New Jersey. Was able to keep pretty close track of it other than the black hole during the few days it was in the deep sea Atlantic.

The last update about 10 days ago from Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics was: "Delivered from (ship) at location New York, NY at 2:30 p.m. on April 13". I have e-mailed my CA and she said there has been no update since then.

I'm curious about this black hole. I have read through the information in this post and others and it sounds like there is really no way to find out what is happening between being delivered from the ship and getting on a truck transport. Has anyone else figured out an alternate way (besides the CA) to get updated information through the Customs/VDC time?

Just a bit anxious to get back in the X1 again:drive::)
In my experience there really is no way of tracking it from the ship through customs then through the VPC. It's another black hole.

We CA's see it arrive at the port, then lose track of it until it either pops back up as on a truck heading to the store, or at VPC.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

~M~

·
Registered
39 Posts
In my experience there really is no way of tracking it from the ship through customs then through the VPC. It's another black hole.

We CA's see it arrive at the port, then lose track of it until it either pops back up as on a truck heading to the store, or at VPC.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

~M~
Thanks. That's what I thought. My CA told me yesterday that they had a tentative reservation showing for the car to be put on a truck at the port on April 26, so it sounds a bit more promising.

Based on that, the car will have been in customs and VPC for just about 2 weeks. Obviously not a priority 1 vehicle :(. However, the entire delivery from drop-off in Frankfurt to the dealer should still fall pretty close to 6 weeks, which I think is pretty good:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Canadian equivalent

Great post and directions. Does anyone know if this will work for vehicles destined for Canada or if there is an equivalent for Canadian purchases?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Great post and directions. Does anyone know if this will work for vehicles destined for Canada or if there is an equivalent for Canadian purchases?
Your cars are shipped from Germany the same as those destined for the U.S. but all of yours are imported by BMW Canada through a Canadian port of entry. You may be able to find information on BMW Canada's website: http://www.bmw.ca/en/home.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your cars are shipped from Germany the same as those destined for the U.S. but all of yours are imported by BMW Canada through a Canadian port of entry. You may be able to find information on BMW Canada's website: http://www.bmw.ca/en/home.html
Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't find an equivalent section on Canadian site to search by production number. I did send them an email asking for info on my cars production. If there is a section on their web site for checking, then hopefully they will direct me there.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.

I couldn't find an equivalent section on Canadian site to search by production number. I did send them an email asking for info on my cars production. If there is a section on their web site for checking, then hopefully they will direct me there.
I believe I found it for you, just log in and register: http://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/owners/owners/myBMW.html

Do you have your production number?

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
When I go to that portion of the site I get the following message. I do have my production number.
Did you try clicking on "I currently drive a BMW Group vehicle?" Try that and see if it will accept your production number. If not, call your client advisor tomorrow morning and ask him/her how you can set up your My BMW account with the BMW Canada website. Once it is set up, you should be able to track your car there but the information is sometimes not as up-to-date as some of the other possible ways to check it.

:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you try clicking on "I currently drive a BMW Group vehicle?" Try that and see if it will accept your production number. If not, call your client advisor tomorrow morning and ask him/her how you can set up your My BMW account with the BMW Canada website. Once it is set up, you should be able to track your car there but the information is sometimes not as up-to-date as some of the other possible ways to check it.

:)
When I click on "I currently drive a BMW Group Vehicle" it asks for the VIN and no place for production number.

Good suggestion for contacting CA tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a quick update.

Canadian BMW site totally lacking in ability to track vehicle by production number. This was confirmed by customer service agent and through BMW Canada email. It appears that there are no plans to rectify the situation either!

21 - 40 of 81 Posts