BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool! Would it be alright with you if I added this content into the first post?

Tim
Hi Tim,

Yes, it will be okay with me. I didn't put the information within the body because I wonder if UR would like that information about their web site so readily available. At least with the link, only an interested user would click on it.

ktinca

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi Tim,

Yes, it will be okay with me. I didn't put the information within the body because I wonder if UR would like that information about their web site so readily available. At least with the link, only an interested user would click on it.

ktinca
Thanks! I've added the details to the first post now.

Tim

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
X-series cars tracking

Tim - I don't see any subject or posts describing the "factory to dealersip" steps for cars produced at Spartanburg as a customer specific order. That would be nice to have also.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can anyone direct me to how to get the vehicle Inquiry Report as shown in the first post? I have my production number in My BMW, but the tracking function just shows a simple time line. Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I put in an order through the dealership this past Saturday. They stated they had allocation. I have not received a production number yet, either because the dealer has yet to receive or the dealer is just lazy and hasnt sent it to me. Its been 2 business days and just wondering if the lack of production number is normal?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
When I try to add production number on bmwusa.com -> Add Vehicle, it asks for Date of Purchase and Mileage when purchase. I entered date BMWFS ran credit check and 0, clicked continue but nothing happens.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I try to add production number on bmwusa.com -> Add Vehicle, it asks for Date of Purchase and Mileage when purchase. I entered date BMWFS ran credit check and 0, clicked continue but nothing happens.
You have to use IE. No other browser worked for me until I went to IE

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You have to use IE. No other browser worked for me until I went to IE
I was using IE.

Its expecting me to have already bought the car, since its asking for delivery/purchase date and initial miles on the car. Tried using BMWFS credit check/order date and 0 but nothing. The page isn't showing any errors/info whatsoever.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue originally. Put in a date before today and zero miles. Then make sure you log out completely. When you log back in it should be updated. I also had to use IE.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tim330i
This guide to training your BMW is a wonderful "sticky".
I have been using it to track our new ED and have a few updates / suggestions that you may decide to include in the original thread.
If your car ends up on a WW boat (Wallenius Wilhemlsen), your VIN will show up in their search page as soon as it arrives at the terminal. This is new and you don't have to wait until it is on the ship for 2 days .... mine was booked 4.26.17, received at the terminal 5.3.17 and loaded on the ship 5.6.17. All this came from the WW site.
Also there is another ship tracking site called "VesselFinder" which permits you to track your ship for free. Most of the others require an upgrade to get tracking. "VesselFinder" also has a neat iPhone app (not sure about Android) that will track the ship as well.
Thanks for everything you do with Bimmerfest!!
Eric

·
Registered
421 Posts
My vehicle has been on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship for five days. When I enter the VIN into cargo box to track it there is no record. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
421 Posts
My vehicle has been on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen ship for five days. When I enter the VIN into cargo box to track it there is no record. Am I doing something wrong?
It popped up today. I guess you need to wait about one week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 440i on order. I called BMW Genius and they told me the car was in production and gave me the VIN, but they couldn't release the status code. Are these codes no longer available?
Thanks,
Steve

41 - 60 of 81 Posts