BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
The original guide on the first page of this thread says

Status Code - 190 (Enroute to Port of Exit)
The Vehicle Inquiry Report my dealer sent says the current status is "190 - Dispatched from AG"
BMW Genius Rep and the automated phone line says - "Released to carrier and waiting transportation to Port of Exit" implying its still awaiting transport to POE.

What is the true status of my car based on the above info? Do I assume its now on a train to Bremerhaven?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The original guide on the first page of this thread says

Status Code - 190 (Enroute to Port of Exit)
The Vehicle Inquiry Report my dealer sent says the current status is "190 - Dispatched from AG"
BMW Genius Rep and the automated phone line says - "Released to carrier and waiting transportation to Port of Exit" implying its still awaiting transport to POE.

What is the true status of my car based on the above info? Do I assume its now on a train to Bremerhaven?

[On a side note: What is AG? I know it stands for AKTIEN GESELLSHAFT but is that the carrier company?]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tracking

My W&W Status Detail shows:
Liner Release Baltimore 16-01-2018 17:02:28
Discharge Baltimore 16-01-2018 16:39:00

What does "Liner Release" mean? Customs?
Also: I went on United Road site & entered a "delivered vehicle" Vin no & tried to register my email, to no avail! I believe I was able to follow that process when I ordered/tracked my 2014 5 series! Any thoughts or suggestions :dunno:

·
Registered
270 Posts
W&W changed their search feature. You are no longer able to search with the VIN, you must get the Bill of Lading number (something like ACDXXXXX) which will give you a list of all VINs on the ship. Happy Tracking!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Useful. Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes for WW you need the bill of lading number and then a list of VIN's will come up and you click on your VIN and you will get the detailed information; my X1 was loaded in Zeebrugge and the ship is currently in Southhampton and is scheduled to arrive in Port Newark on 11/08/18; its been great tracking the progress from the time our order was placed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My new vehicle is on the Don Carlos which is currently docked in Halifax, Nova Scotia; it should arrive in Port Newark 11/08 and then it hopefully wont belong after that until its at the dealer !

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was so used to the VIN tracker on the W&W site. I'm kind of bummed that's no longer available. Anyone know how I can find the Bill of Lading number to track it that way?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Call the Genius #; they will give you the ship name and Bill of Lading #; once you have that you can scroll through the VIN #'s to make sure your car is on that ship; in addition after my car was off the ship it was transported by Virginia Transportation; dont know if you can track them as to where your vehicle is but the Genius has acess to the information as well as your Client Advisor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
BMW is using Hoegh Autoline for my new 2020 Z4. Their web site is https://www.hoeghautoliners.com
There is a Customer Centre drop down that allows to search My Cargo and accepts VIN number.

That gives you the ships name, and you can find the ship's sailing schedule and then use the other websites from the original post to track the ship on its journey.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone know if BMW is using a different truck line these days? I tried the method described to login and none of my dealers cars were found

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,524 Posts
Can I use this method for my European destined order as well? As in: create an account on BMWUSA.com with random address and fill in my production number….
This is for American BMW buyers exclusively. I am sure the European sites offer something similar.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts