BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I receive a lot of emails from forum members, and by far the most common topic is "Which Peake Tool do I need for my car?" In the hopes of making this selection easier to make, here is a basic flow chart:

For Check Engine/Service Engine Soon related trouble code reading and reset, the tool is called the R5-FCX3. Selection is based on your car's model year:

"My BMW was built between 1987 and 2000" - R5-FCX3 - Click Here.

"My BMW is a 2000 Model Year" - Does it have the 20 Pin Round Diagnostic Port under the hood? Look for it to confirm.

If Yes: R5-FCX3 - Click Here.
If No: R5-FCX3-16 - Click Here.

"My BMW is a 2001-2006 Model" - R5-FCX3-16 - Click Here.

"I want a tool kit to work on any BMW built between 1987 and 2006" - R5-FCX3 Universal Kit - Click Here.

"I have a MINI" - R5-EMX - Click Here.

For Airbag code reading and resetting, the tool is called the R5-SRS:

"My BMW was built between 1994 and 2000" - R5-SRS - Click Here.

"My BMW is a 2000 Model Year" - Does it have the 20 Pin Round Diagnostic Port under the hood? Look for it to confirm.

If Yes: R5-SRS - Click Here.
If No: R5-SRS-16 - Click Here.

"My BMW is a 2001-2003 Model" - R5-SRS-16 - Click Here.

"I want a tool kit to work on any BMW built between 1994 and 2003" - R5-SRS Universal Kit - Click Here.

--------

Basic FAQ Answers:

1. No, there is no combined tool for engine and airbag codes.
2. No, the tools will not work on anything but BMWs.
3. No, the tools are not OBDII.

Bimmertools Pricing:

Engine Code Tool R5-FCX3 and R5-FCX3-16 - $139.95 including Free Priority Shipping (Domestic only)

Airbag Code Tool R5-SRS and R5-SRS-16 - $120.00 including Free Priority Shipping (Domestic only)

Universal Engine Code Kit - $176.00 including Free Priority Shipping (Domestic only)

Universal Airbag Code Kit - $155.94 including Free Priority Shipping (Domestic only)

All items include everything you need to read and reset codes within the selected date range - instruction/code manual, case, and integral cable or adapter as needed.

Tools are typically in stock and ready to ship next business day.

If you have any questions about the tools, first, please read the article in my signature titled "Is Your Check Engine Light On?" If you are still unsure, do not hesitate to contact me directly - [email protected]

Thanks so much for looking!

Ken

1 - 1 of 1 Posts