BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting (going on 7 weeks now) for my car to show up at my dealership for redelivery. I'm at the point where I'm having a breakdown from waiting.

So yesterday was my B'day, and as I was checking my emails I saw that I received a bday email from my dealership.

Here is what it said:

"We at ___BMW would like to wish you a Happy Birthday. We hope that you're enjoying your 2007 335i coupe!"

Annoyed would be the best way to describe my reaction! :tsk:

·
Love the 'Fest
731 Posts
actually, I think it's nice that they try....but isn't there some sort of "oil change" coupon or free car wash as part of the birthday card??

·
Registered
346 Posts
thats just cold!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
429 Posts
it all set up with the computer system. it doesn't differentiate between ED/PCD/dealership delivery. all that is captured is the fact that everything is done from a financial standpoint. that is why the e-mail letter is generated. now if you receive another one that is sent through the mail and your CA signs off on it, that would be bad. he will probably get one to mail out and make a little note on it concerning the fact that he knows you haven't gotten your car back yet.

·
Button Pusher
1,166 Posts
Wait 'til you get a letter in the mail from BMW Assist asking why you haven't activated the service yet... Or, if you lease, a letter from BMWFS asking why you haven't sent them information about your insurance policy!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
it all set up with the computer system. it doesn't differentiate between ED/PCD/dealership delivery. all that is captured is the fact that everything is done from a financial standpoint. that is why the e-mail letter is generated. now if you receive another one that is sent through the mail and your CA signs off on it, that would be bad. he will probably get one to mail out and make a little note on it concerning the fact that he knows you haven't gotten your car back yet.
Aaaaaaaah, automation -- its the non-personal touch that is so common these days that gives your heart that metallic silicon cold feeling that we have come to expect. :bawling:

·
Travel Fever
2,745 Posts
I didn't get any b-day message. But, yeah, how about some actual gifts or coupons??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts