Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife went shopping in my 325i. Her hands were full as she got out of the car and decided to close the door with her foot, leaving a nice black sole mark on the door. I tried just washing with some water and soap but it didn't come off at all.

Two questions:
1. What is the best way to get it off?
2. Why do women treat nice cars so poorly?

:dunno:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Is the mark on the inside sill, door itself or outside paint?

If on the sill, try Simple Green or whatever vinyl/plastic cleaner you have on hand. If on the inside of the door do the same (except if on leather area, then I would suggest Lexol).

If it's on the paint:yikes: :( light polish or paint cleaner would be my first recommendation. Be sure to rewax the area afterwards.

As for your second question:dunno:

·
5,820 Posts
Sounds like it's on the outside. Use a mild polish and then wax. There may be a scratch under the black mark which the polish should remove. Your wife needs to learn respect for other's property. Your generalization of all women is not true, plenty of men don't give a rip about a nice car either.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
johnlew said:
Sounds like it's on the outside. Use a mild polish and then wax. There may be a scratch under the black mark which the polish should remove. Your wife needs to learn respect for other's property. Your generalization of all women is not true, plenty of men don't give a rip about a nice car either.
Good point about the generalization:thumb:

I have a few lunch friends who had to be schooled on the proper way to close a car door:mad: The old swing and fling slam just doesn't cut it :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True about the generalization. But I just wanted to add a little humor to the situation. :)

thanks for the tips, will try it. It sort of looks like those marks made by black soled shoes on gym floors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts