BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trim on my car looks like crap. I am not at all sure how this happened to be honest. I know the dealer waxed the car before I picked it up, but I have only ever used Zaino on it. The car is almost a year old.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get the white smears off the trim: Peanut butter, peanut oil (with a toothbrush), Maguier's, Mother's Back to Black, you name it, I have tried it. Same old story. Looks pretty good until the next wash then back to the same greyish crappy condition.

My next step to try rubbing alcohol and/or acetone in the hopes that it is Z1 engrained in the trim. If this doesn't work, I am seriously thinking about replacing the trim. Any ideas on how hard (and expensive) that would be to do?

ARGGG!!!

-david
Trim challenged in MPLS

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
How about a permenant solution such as "Bumper and Trim reconditioner"? Griots sells it, applies like a shoe polish. Its permanent and they have a 100% garantee or your money back. The number is:
11183 and you can contact Griots at http://www.griotsgarage.com

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
just found this out . . .

yesterday, but Marco says Autoglym's Rubber Cleaner Plus will remove wax from plastic. Roadsterwench bought some and is going to try it where she has some wax on plastic trim. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
1st step - Meguiar's #39: Squirt it unto a terry cloth and rub your trim with heavy elbow grease. This might require two or more applications. Finish with a clean, damp terry cloth.

2nd step - Meguiar's Trim Detailer: Apply with foam app or terry cloth the same way you would with regular dressing, except use a little more pressure. Wait 15 minutes and then buff the excess out.

I've fixed some pretty terrible trim with these two products....including stuff that wouldn't budge with IPA, peanut oil & EFHI.

If you ever switch from Zaino to some other wax that stains trim, all you'll need is MTD to remove the stains, provided you use it right after you're finished waxing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try using simply green. Look in an auto parts store. They sell it but it is not the liquid it is a sponge that you wet and then use to rub the area. This was recommended to me from the people at Mothers auto wax. It worked for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts