1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
It should :)

·
Chicks dig Wagons!
4,846 Posts
Yes and no. The Tour originally hit Verizon/Sprint stores with a bug that had a signficant impact on the bluetooth performance. The Tour would pair and transfer contacts fine, but when you make a call out, the volumne would get so low that the person on the other end could not hear it. I had the problem with both Idrive and with my bluetooth headset. There were widespread reports of people with all sorts of other bluetooth systems having similar problems.

RIM eventually issued a patch which appears to have completely fixed the problem. The patch is available in blackberry OS V4.7.1.53 forward. However, I've noticed that my local Verizon store had Tours running V4.7.1.40, which still has the bug. And, the patch is no longer on Verizon's website (apparently, some folk had trouble when downloading it).

FWIW, I have a Verizon Tour, running OS V4.7.1.53, and it works fine with idrive.

If you want to read more about this, go to crackberry.com, and visit the Tour forum.

Bottom line though, the 9630 (Tour) should work fine with Idrive. But, you'll likely have problems with outgoing volume of your calls if you are not running 4.7.1.53 and up.

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Crackberry is a great site for anything and everything with BlackBerries :thumbup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep! my Verizon BB Tour works flawlessly with my 335. However, I had a rental car with Microsoft sync and it did as another poster said... the volume was way too low to be heard on the other end of the phone.

Again, works fine with my Bimmer though.

·
detour in Ingolstadt
3,180 Posts
My Tour works just fine in my e90. It's a Verizon with 4.7.1.40. No issues whatsoever in the Honda or the BMW with bluetooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts